Visualize VOP node

3355   6   1
761 posts
Is there a way to visualize the fit (VOP) node ?
【T】【C】【S】
2624 posts
Hit X in vops and get a viz node …

Rob
Gone fishing
761 posts
I have the visualize vop node setup as a ramped attribute. How do I connect it to the fit at the same time visualize the ramp as color while adjusting the visual vop node and getting values written to the geo spreadsheet ?

I tried adding the fit and visualize node, then connecting that to the fit (val) port; that didn't work.
Edited by _Christopher_ - Jan. 21, 2017 12:14:30
【T】【C】【S】
2624 posts
Hi See attached,

There are several ways to attack the viz thing, the old school way would be to create an attribute export vop , then at any point in your vop network you can see whats going on in the geometry spreadsheet and use a colour to view the data in sops. Nowadays you can use a bind export vop and in sops use a visualize node, to view the data via colour or in the geometry spreadsheet.

Attachments:
vizmystuff.hip (144.5 KB)

Gone fishing
761 posts
circusmonkey
Hi See attached,

There are several ways to attack the viz thing, the old school way would be to create an attribute export vop , then at any point in your vop network you can see whats going on in the geometry spreadsheet and use a colour to view the data in sops. Nowadays you can use a bind export vop and in sops use a visualize node, to view the data via colour or in the geometry spreadsheet.

Thanks for the scene, although I'm unable to get it to work.

I created a color SOP within a SOPSolver the color SOP is after a attribute vop in the vop network. Within the attribute vop, I have the shift port of the fit vop node ported to another node in the network as well as a visualize node. I set a name for the visualize vop node and have visualization turned on for the viewport but no color displaying the fit on the mesh which is made of points ?

【T】【C】【S】
2624 posts
You cannot view anything in a sop solver if you are inside it , jump back out > let it cook >

Rob
Gone fishing
761 posts
Once it cooked, can I visualize a node which is within a VOP network that is contained within a SOP Solver from the DOP level ?
Edited by _Christopher_ - Jan. 22, 2017 17:55:25
【T】【C】【S】
  • Quick Links