How would you surface a water droplet, its flickering.

3993   5   1
11 posts
So, i've been trying to make a simple water drop. All i did is just make a sphere, flipfluid from object, then give it some viscosity and the bubble mostly stays the same shape. This is my goal, perfectly archieved BUT the surface of it is constantly changing. Its totally flickering, zigzagging, i want it to have good reflections but its a giant flicker now.
So, atm im playing around with the builtin default Particle Fluid Surface stuff,
the tree that gets created by default when you make the flipfluid, but it doesnt seem to work.
Can you give me some ideas/help, how to surface it properly?
253 posts
Simple scene would be best
2624 posts
If this is a micro shot , like a drop down a surface your best using meta balls.If its hero crown splash with a droplet your best waiting for H16 !

Rob
Gone fishing
253 posts
Doesn't surface tension work in the latest build of 15.5 ?

Is it different from 16 or maybe it needs complementary tools ?
2624 posts
H16 has a complete re-write of the surface tension dop. Out the box the h15 surface tension dop is no good for doing small scale sims, unless that is you make your own micro solver, as a few have done.

R
Gone fishing
4189 posts
There's a new undocumented surface tension tab in the latest H15.5 builds. Worth testing if you cant' wait a week for H16. Under the Volume Motion tab. It also has OpenCL checkboxes if you dive inside the FlipSolver. Worth testing.
  • Quick Links