Wires on Particles?

2781   6   2
271 posts
Hi everyone,

I'm trying to use the points created by a particle sim, and copy lines to them, then solve them as wires. However, so far I can get nothing to work at all. Nothing ever shows up the in viewport, I don't know why.

I have tried using one dop network to create the particles, and another to solve the wires, but this doesn't work. I suspect it's something to do with the fact that the newly created geometry needs to be imported into the DOP network, but I do not know how to do this.

Any advice would really be appreciated.

Attachments:
Wires_on_Particles.hipnc (310.3 KB)

2624 posts
Wouldn't it be easier to make your lines out of a pop trail > then turn those into dop wire sim ?. Or just can using a wire solve and drive your point collisions against a vdb, in a sop solver or a wrangle sop. It would help if you could give the big picture on what your trying to do.

R
Gone fishing
271 posts
Hi,
I've attached a diagram showing what I was trying to achieve.
I have lots of filaments that descend onto a surface, and once there they attach. My thinking was just to use the particles to stick to the surface, and just copy wires onto those locations.

Attachments:
Wires_on_Particles.jpg (31.2 KB)

2624 posts
I would look at ripping into the fur tools and how about applying the hairs to a cloth sim.

R
Gone fishing
271 posts
Eventually I need to use these wires to capture and deform geometry. I'm not sure if that's possible with hairs is it?
2624 posts
I am advising you look at the tech of how hair works , which is basically anchor points with guide curves that can have dops applied. Your anchor points could be derived from a cloth sim

Rob
Gone fishing
271 posts
I will do that - Thanks Rob!
  • Quick Links