Visibility control 'linked' radio folders

2601   3   1
34 posts
I have some visibility nodes in geo level, and set expression in action parameter (hide/expose primitives). This parameter is promoted in root level for asset.

The expression is a simple conditional pointed to folders radio button type.

It works fine, but the expression is removed, despite I do “Save type node”.

In fact, I want to control visibility for some subnet networks with folders radio buttons.

I've seen an example using switch with a expression like ch(“folders1”), but this only work in SOP level, it seems.

Too I've used callback script using opset toggle affecting node visility, but this option requires putting that nodes as editables in asset properties.
8525 posts
without your file it's hard to know what went wrong
here is an example with both

1. radio folders changing visibility of Visibility SOPs (be aware that this changes visibility just for viewport, if you want to hide them from render as well use blast nodes)
2. radio folders changing visibility of actual objects and object level subnet

both are locked assets, no editable nodes, and I'm not experiencing any expressions being removed

Attachments:
radio_visibility.hip (73.3 KB)

Tomas Slancik
FX Supervisor
Method Studios, NY
34 posts
Thank you tamte

Your example is useful for me and it have more clarity that my approach.

I attatch .hip file that represents a example of hierarchy that I have, but visibility for nulls inside the subnets are not affecting as I expected.

Attachments:
radio_visibility_mycase.hipnc (89.0 KB)

34 posts
I've tried using a expressiom like this
if(ch("../../../folder01")==1,0,1)
into display parameter for null1 and inverse check fir null2, and it works with nulls.

However, display from nulls is not working if expression is in display for subnet1 and subnet2 too.

It seems like whether be overrided display parameter
  • Quick Links