Does release 16 come with an autorig with facial support?

1543   1   0
1 posts
I dont mean to bust any bubbles its just that the last time the term “auto rigging” was used in a description of a major feature, it always fell short of facial rigging and basically anything that would make an auto rig useful. Example, mayas auto rigger which is useless unless you want a quick background character.

So is this an actual fully featured auto-rigger or is it a basic body auto rigger with a jaw bone? I have a feeling it has no facial support considering the demos ive seen show just body sadly.

I downloaded apprentice to have a look myself but the UI is confusing for me being a beginner.
Staff
3455 posts
The autorigs currently support Bipeds, no face. Quadruped support is coming very soon.
Face rigs are a much harder thing to do in a way that is useful for ‘everyone’, a Face Module for the autorigs is planned, but will involve much more work to support the different workflows - bones, curves, blendshapes, muscles…

Adding a jaw bone (and don't forget eyes) to the rig produced by the autorig tools would be very simple.
Michael Goldfarb | www.odforce.net
Training Lead
SideFX
www.sidefx.com
  • Quick Links