Polybevel - strange behavior

2636   7   1
41 posts
Hi guys
I tried to practice some modeling in H16 and came upon a strange behavior for polybevel.
1. the topology does not seem right
2. the grid is showing through (or can this be disabled in display options?)

Should I report it as a bug?
1755 posts
I have also logged a bug related to viewport transparency regarding one matter, so this could be also related, so yeah… file it - this is about the grid showing through.

About the bevel topology you might post a few pics with the steps - I'm getting good results
Testing again - please wait

Yep, I'm also getting the “expected result” in Softimage. Also, the grid on top bug in H is present on my end.
Edited by anon_user_89151269 - Feb. 24, 2017 11:53:37
143 posts
Hello ,
I'm getting the weird result too
but if you do it the other way (first bevel the solo edge then the 4 edges around face)
it work ok ;-)
Staff
5156 posts
Please submit a bug with your test case in a hip file, and your platform stats (Help > About Houdini, Save).
210 posts
That's seems to be a bug in poly bevel's handling of terminal points (points incident to on a single edge to be bevelled). I'm be working on it and should have a fix soon.
41 posts
McNistor
In my case this grid bug seems to appear when bevel is so big that some vertices get merged

Benjamin Lemoine
Nice workaround for this case. Tried and worked for me too

bardia
Great news! Thank you.
210 posts
I committed a fix for this. There was indeed an issue that was responsible for this and a couple of other cases. Please take a look at tomorrow's build and let me know if you still see this issue.
41 posts
bardia
Perfect. Works great for me. Thank you.
  • Quick Links