H15 UI size

19080   13   1
80 posts
Hello,

Very nice upgrade as usual.

The UI size has been modified though and all is ridiculously little on a retina screen, even with high dpi setting chosen in the prefs.

Is this something I can do for this ?

Many thanx
Staff
5156 posts
We've added retina support for H15. You can either run houdini from the command line with this:

houdini -highdpi

This will not only set High DPI mode for the session, but all future sessions as well (so you only need to do it once). Or you can modify the global UI size in Edit > Prefs > General UI, Change it to High DPI.
80 posts
Hello,

Thx but I have already switched to high dpi level and it is still to to little. The material gallery icons for example is very very small. I guess we can't get a bigger interface anymore ? Can we change the icon size ?

many thx, the shader fx upgrade looks just crazy good… but a bit small
6 posts
You can change the global UI size from the menu Edit > Preferences > General User Interface.

You can also edit the houdini.env file, located in "C:\Users\\Documents\houdini15.0“, by adding the HOUDINI_UISCALE variable.

I'm not sure whether these settings have the same effect or whether one overrides the other.

My eyes no longer strain after setting the global UI to Large and adding ”HOUDINI_UISCALE = 115" (without quotes) to houdini.env.
80 posts
Thx a lot Rubic I'll try the global variable.
80 posts
Hello,

The .env variable works nicely but it doesn't seem to affect the lateral icons (the selector and handles control for example) or even the material gallery icons.

Is there any way to scale them up ?

Thx a lot.
4495 posts
Is the Normal UI size changed as well? I stare at Houdini all day so I can tell the texts look smaller than H14 using Normal UI size.
Senior FX TD @ Industrial Light & Magic
Get to the NEXT level in Houdini & VEX with Pragmatic VEX! [www.pragmatic-vfx.com]

youtube.com/@pragmaticvfx | patreon.com/animatrix | animatrix2k7.gumroad.com
3 posts
Any news on this issue? The text on tabs and icons is too small in retina mode on macOS.
56 posts
Just switch to normal mode, in your houdini.env file write:

HOUDINI_ENABLE_RETINA = 0
7 posts
NRDPXL
=
whats the best way to start Houdini via Commandline and have a switch for using Retina or non Retina Displays.
It happens often that i work on my MacBook and from time to time want to connect to a external HD display.
2 posts
NRDPXL
Just switch to normal mode, in your houdini.env file write:

Thanks A lot
5 posts
I tried to set up high dpi for my 4k screen, but i got multiple screens, how can i setup a specific dpi setting for a specific display?
Staff
1255 posts
Axsolotl
I tried to set up high dpi for my 4k screen, but i got multiple screens, how can i setup a specific dpi setting for a specific display?

Hello,

That's not currently possible. The Houdini UI Size setting is global across the desktop and cannot be set per screen.

Cheers,
Rob
1 posts
Reaoovfx
I have the same problem, but this does not seem to work for me… It should be mentioned that I'm
completely new to Houdini.
  • Quick Links