Orbolt and Apprentice authoring --selling?

6091   5   2
26 posts
I see in the announcement that indeed the Apprentice versions can author to the Orbolt site but are they limited to making things free – so as to keep to the terms your Apprentice License?
Or is there a special rule allowing sales of assets on orbolt made with Apprentice?

Rich
27 posts
rgelles
I see in the announcement that indeed the Apprentice versions can author to the Orbolt site but are they limited to making things free – so as to keep to the terms your Apprentice License?
Or is there a special rule allowing sales of assets on orbolt made with Apprentice?

Rich
Hey Rich,

You can use Houdini Apprentice to author both commercial and Apprentice assets, which you can keep free or sell just like Houdini and Houdini FX users.

Just upload your OTL and HIPNC files and we'll convert them if necessary.
20 posts
I was wondering the same and it's really awesome you guys allow this I'll definitely be trying out Orbolt now that I know this. It might also be worthwhile to mention this in the Orbolt FAQ or something, it really isn't clear if you're allowed to sell anything from an apprentice license there.
Staff
3455 posts
you mean like this:

http://www.orbolt.com/faq/question/14/can-i-create-and-sell-assets-houdini-apprentice-and-apprentice-hd [orbolt.com]
Michael Goldfarb | www.odforce.net
Training Lead
SideFX
www.sidefx.com
27 posts
arctor
you mean like this:

http://www.orbolt.com/faq/question/14/can-i-create-and-sell-assets-houdini-apprentice-and-apprentice-hd [orbolt.com]

I added this right after whythisname's comment. :wink:
36 posts
Hi,

Just to be sure does this apllies only to Orbolt? If I would like to sell assets on Turbosquid, is it allowed to author them with apprentice or indie. And would the scenes be usable by all potetial buyers using Houdini?

I see that on Turbosquid and Orbolt there are almost no 3D models for sale in houdini format. I would like to author content such a fully rigged (and furred) characters in Houdini and try to sell them to change that but how does it work with all the diffferent licenses? I think the best would be to allow market places like Turbosquid to convert the files to make them usable by all houdini users. now that H16 has more tools for creating and animating character, that would be a wise move.
Edited by Strob - March 2, 2017 09:57:57

I did a lot of FX work for this short: I, Pet Goat II [vimeo.com]
Another clip I created all 3D for: Iron Baby [youtube.com]
And this one too: Little Antman [youtube.com]
See Iron Baby and other of my models on Turbosquid! [turbosquid.com]
Some RnD involving PhoenixFD [strob.net]
  • Quick Links