DOPS Details view RFE

4528   5   1
7024 posts
Hi,
Simple RFE, a RMB menu item that will pop up the Details view. I probably can write my own, and likely will, but it's so useful in SOPs it should be in DOPs too )

Cheer,s

Peter B
641 posts
I find Object properties such as Density hard to find in the Details view. To my surprise I found some stuff under the Postion header rather than Physical. Maybe there's some docs on the Details view in DOPs that I should be looking at?

Or some thread on the Forum that should have a rating of 5 million.. :wink:

Cheers
Louis
7024 posts
Long ago I asked for docs and other info on the Details view, and was met with a thunderous silence….

There is so much information, I have a hard time knowing what is relevant and what isn't. So far, no guidance on what is the meat of the info )

Cheers,

Peter B
Staff
1448 posts
I've submitted an RFE for that. Thanks.
Staff
4435 posts
Here is the deafening silence Peter refers to:

http://www.sidefx.com/index.php?option=com_forum&Itemid=172&page=viewtopic&t=3899 [sidefx.com]

Not that this is a solution to the lack of details view documentation, but each branch in that view (not the leaves of the tree, but any branch) will show you the name of the DOP node that created that piece of data. So to learn all about that data, you can go to the DOP node that created it and look at its help card. That shold at least explain what each piece of data is for. The Options branch off any piece of data will generally contain values that are equal to the parameter values set on the creator DOP node, so the help for any particular piece of data (or option on the data) can currently be found on the DOP node help card.

Obviously we will continue to work on the DOPs documentation, but for now if you have any specific questions, don't hesitate to ask here. We'll try not to ignore you the way we do Peter

As for the RFE that started this thread, it has been submitted. Thanks Peter.

Mark
7024 posts
Thank God I"m used to being i\gnored, eh? ) Actually, the various bits and pieces of documentation, when collected together, start to paint a picture of the Details information. I, being lazy, wanted to go to a single, all-encompassing source )

I guess I'll have to wait for Will's book )

Cheers,

Peter B
  • Quick Links