"scene views" list in Render View

2969   6   2
129 posts
Hello, sorry for the newbie question, when I use the Render View I notice in the list of the renderable cameras I have more than one “scene view”, sometimes they become three or four, depending on the scene. For example now by default I have two of them. Probably Houdini automatically creates another view when I activate my saved desktop, but I don't understand where I can see the list of those views and how I can delete/create them, anyone can help ?

Thank you

Ray

Attachments:
lui.jpg (13.1 KB)

2036 posts
I always wondered about that…so I just played around…the only way I could get more than one “Scene View” in the list was if I created a new Scene “Tab”.

Converesely if I delete those tabs it gets reflected in the pulldown list of what your talking about.

Looking at your image I would say you currently have two scene tabs.
129 posts
You're right, they are tabs, thank you
129 posts
I did some tests and I have to say I still don't get it. I mean, I often have two or three scene views in the render view list, but I don't have the corresponding tabs open in the interface. There is only one scene view tab open, I can't find any other, they must be hidden somewhere but I can't find them
252 posts
Yes, I'm curious about this as well.

In my current scene, I can see 4 scene view items. But I only have 2 Scene View tabs open.
I did also notice, that by changing desktops, the items in the Scene View list increases for each Scene View tab in the desktop that you loaded.

Lastly, how would one know which of the tabs corresponds to a specific Scene View number? For now I just try each view one by one in order to do test renders on a Scene View that I want. I wish the Scene View tab at least could show its “Scene View #” name. This should probably be sent as an RFE
129 posts
Exactly, I still have the exact same problems
6 posts
Have the same problem, It's a bit annoying
  • Quick Links