Houdini Animation in Unity

2805   0   0
21 posts
I have rigged and animated a character, I export it as a digital asset to Unity. I click Bake Animation, the character didn't move in runtime. Previously, I rigged my character using the standard method. I created the bones, captured the geometry, made FK and IK controls. And then I added key frames to the FK, IK controls. The character can move in Houdini, but not in Unity. Then I noticed that I can make things move in Unity using another method, I added key frames directly to the geometry, no bones are required. Then again, I wrapped it up as a digital asset, hit Bake Animation in Unity, it moved when I started to play the game. Did anyone manage to play digital asset's animation using standard rigging method?
Another question, even if I use the working method, how do I control the character's animation? What I have seen is that after I hit the Bake Animation button, I saw a “Animation” component is created, which is a legacy in Unity. Is there a way to control animation using Unity Animator component?
  • Quick Links