Please help with retopo in Houdini 16

2508   3   2
116 posts
I did look at this video
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0yssikB4l2s [www.youtube.com]

That seems to be one of the rare retopo videos for houdini retopo.

I have fiew questions.

1. How to make polygon points snap exactly in to midle?
2. Example i retopo front face partly and now also working on neck and back of the head.
What i end up having is retopoed front face and when i look my modle from front i see also dots from retopoed parts that i have done in other side of mesh.
That causes chaotic mess as then when i try to connect front face polygons they some times snap to polygons that nare way other side of the mesh. Is there a option so depending on what angle i look at mesh i see on that side polygon Vertexes and not other side polygon Vertexes.
2535 posts
Checkout InstantMeshes. It is a free external retopo tool.

Export your mesh from Houdini, Quadify it inside of InstantMeshes and export it out.
Reimport into Houdini.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m6YKmSql1-o [www.youtube.com]
Edited by Enivob - May 23, 2017 19:45:38
Using Houdini Indie 20.0
Windows 11 64GB Ryzen 16 core.
nVidia 3050RTX 8BG RAM.
1755 posts
ISUther
1. How to make polygon points snap exactly in to midle?

In the middle of what? Can you attach an image with a printscreen and a sketch on top to understand what you expect?

ISUther
2. Example i retopo front face partly and now also working on neck and back of the head.
What i end up having is retopoed front face and when i look my modle from front i see also dots from retopoed parts that i have done in other side of mesh.
That causes chaotic mess as then when i try to connect front face polygons they some times snap to polygons that nare way other side of the mesh. Is there a option so depending on what angle i look at mesh i see on that side polygon Vertexes and not other side polygon Vertexes.

Can you attach a file (.hip plus .obj used as the template) to investigate what went wrong?
402 posts
The issue of the template mesh not occluding points on the far side (hence causing the snapping through you mentioned in 2) is a known bug/missing feature… hopefully this will get fixed soon!
Henry Dean
  • Quick Links