Rotate an object using Chops?

2632   4   1
177 posts
Hi,

I have a circle I need rotated in a ‘forever’ style rotation, but in a specific movement.

I need it to rotate 4 degrees in 4 frames, and then pause for 10 frames, then rotate 4 more degrees in 4 frames, and repeat.

Not sure how to accomplish this using Chops, or is there a better way to do it without creating a ton of keyframes?

Thanks,

Jim
Reel Inpsirations
Houdini Work in Progress [vimeo.com]
2038 posts
You could a couple constants each trimmed and sequenced, then use the cycle node to repeat.

I'll post shortly with an example
2038 posts
Ok…It's not how I explained it…but here is one way.

Attachments:
Rotate Circle by Chop.hiplc (66.0 KB)

177 posts
Wow, that's really cool. Now to figure out HOW it works and how I can learn how to take advantage of Chops.

Thanks for that!
Reel Inpsirations
Houdini Work in Progress [vimeo.com]
7747 posts
As much as I like chops, you can do something simple like this using a cycle() or cycleoffset() keyframe. Keyframe your desired loop, starting at frame 1. Then set a keyframe on the last frame you would need to evaluate. Select the last channel segment, and change the function to ‘cycle’ or ‘cycleoffset’. Cycle will simply loop through the initial keyframed animation. Cycle offset accumulates the value, applying the animation with the end of the loop as the starting point ( this is great for rotations ).
  • Quick Links