The Houdini heightfield asset is imported directly into Unity why not see it?

4912   14   1
44 posts
Hello Houdini heightfield assets are directly imported into Unity why not see??
Staff
534 posts
Hi,

For now, the Unity plug-in doesn't support Heightfields, only the Unreal plug-in does.
You'll need to convert heightfields to meshes first for them to show up in Unity.
44 posts
Thank you, if you import a mesh file into unity, if you can give the LOD attribute to it,…I don't understand English. I translate it in translation software.If the question is not clear, please forgive me.Thank you for your answer!
4 posts
how to create digital asset with converted heightfields to word directly in unity?
Staff
534 posts
Hi,

You'll need to add a “Convert Heightfield” node.
This will convert your heightfield to a mesh, and it will be imported to Unity.
4 posts
Is there any way to work with heightfields directly as asset in unity or UE?
Edited by Dmitryy Vusatyy - June 1, 2017 16:47:01
Staff
534 posts
The Unreal plug-in supports heightfields.
If your asset contains one, it will be automatically converted to a Landscape by the plug-in.

Unity doesn't support Heightfields “as is” for now, so you will need to convert the Heightfield to a mesh first with the “Convert Heightfield” node.
44 posts
Thank you very much!!!I also have a question about how the Houdini output height diagram is not. Raw format and.r16 format.Other plug-ins can be used to output such formats.Or is there any other format like these two…
When I follow the tutorial output, the PNG's height map to Unity shows that the details of the mountain range are so badly lost that they appear similar to the pixel grid, which is very bad…
Is this a format problem for the output height diagram, or is there any other solution?Thank you very much!!
571 posts
Which tutorial are you following? Are you using the heightfield_output node?

If you can attach an example HDA I can try it out.
44 posts
seelanv
Which tutorial are you following? Are you using the heightfield_output node?

If you can attach an example HDA I can try it out.

Ok, thank you very much.This is my HDA, and I've got two problems here, 1: I Split the map four copies with a HeightField Tile Split, each individually, and the PNG's height graph.Then find the connecting part of the four height graphs not to the top, the figure!!2: when I import these four Height maps into unity, why does Height Output not Output? Raw and.r16?
44 posts
HDA is too big to upload, I uploaded the image…Thank you for the

Attachments:
daTu.png (2.7 MB)

44 posts
I also have a question in which is it better to output from the heightfield_output node which is a little bit better in Unity?
571 posts
Since you aren't able to upload the HDA, could you take a screenshot of your graph in Houdini? Just want to understand what you're trying to do.
44 posts
seelanv
Since you aren't able to upload the HDA, could you take a screenshot of your graph in Houdini? Just want to understand what you're trying to do.

Thank you, I have a question now, and I will import the height map of Unity.The height diagram format is suitable for Unity.Here's my screenshot.Thank you for your patience, because of the translation software, some questions are not clear…

Attachments:
wenti.png (4.3 MB)

44 posts
seelanv

Thank you, thank you very much.My problem is solved!!
  • Quick Links