A mis-match of attributes on the inputs was detected [SOLVED]

15094   2   2
17 posts
While working on the rocketship tutorial of Rohan Dalvi, I ran into an attribute mismatch warning:

A mis-match of attributes on the inputs was detected. Some attribute values may not be initialized to expected values, i.e.: up, N.

Digging deeper into it I noticed that the warning is caused by the PolyFrame SOP. If I disable Tangent Name, the warning is gone, as well as the rendering issue (see screenshots attached) but then the normals are lost so somewhere I need to make a change in the network. How can I overcome this issue?
Edited by McFierce - May 28, 2017 12:45:43

Attachments:
with-warning.png (854.4 KB)
without-warning.png (847.4 KB)

670 posts
A mismatch in a merge node often means there is an attribute in one stream going into your node that is not existing in the other one. Houdini will set the missing values to 0 then. You can mostly ignore it.
https://procegen.konstantinmagnus.de/ [procegen.konstantinmagnus.de]
17 posts
Thanks. That's what Rohan also said further along in his tutorial. But in my case, the shading on some parts of my mesh is affected, which it isn't in the video's, and it annoys me. So I would like to know how to resolve this issue rather than ignore it.

I attached the file. Just enable the SOP called ENABLE_THIS and you'll see the row of spheres being aligned correctly, but the shading on other parts of the mesh going south.

UPDATE

After some tinkering, I found the solution. Instead of using a Copy to Points SOP, I used a Copy Stamp SOP, and now it's rendering properly while maintaining the correct alignment of the spheres.
Edited by McFierce - May 28, 2017 11:17:22

Attachments:
body-16.hipnc (281.6 KB)

• Quick Links