Intrinsics in DOP and VEX

2814   2   2
13 posts
Hello guys!

Can anyone give me some information about intrinsics?

Time to time I see some VEX funcs like primintrinsic and etc.
Also this parm available in dop context…

Really appreciate any help with this.

Thanks advance.
FX Artist at Progressive FX.
8532 posts
if you look at Geometry Spreadsheet of any geo, go to Prim or Detail, both of them have Intrinsics menu
in that menu you can see what intrinsic data you can access
each primitive data may have its own set of intrinsics so you will not always see all, but all that apply to your primitives

most of them are selfexplanatory
use primintrinsic() or detailintrinsic() to get them or setprimintrinsic() to set
not all intrinsics can be set, only the ones with not greyed out values in spreadsheet
Tomas Slancik
FX Supervisor
Method Studios, NY
13 posts
tamte
if you look at Geometry Spreadsheet of any geo, go to Prim or Detail, both of them have Intrinsics menu
each primitive data may have its own set of intrinsics so you will not always see all, but all that apply to your primitives

use primintrinsic() or detailintrinsic() to get them or setprimintrinsic() to set
not all intrinsics can be set, only the ones with not greyed out values in spreadsheet
tamte

Hello Tomas,
Thank you for your answer, I'll look on it more deeply.
FX Artist at Progressive FX.
  • Quick Links