SOP node color (not icon) in UILight.hcs / NodeGraphLight.inc

2051   3   2
74 posts
In Houdini 16 (Win 7 x64) I'm using the light color scheme for GUI and I want to tweak the color of the nodes in the network graph (specifically SOPs). I'm not concerned with icons on the nodes (the tiny node-specific images), just the node shape itself (usually rectangular). I know which files are involved (see below) and I can tweak the background color, grid lines etc but I can't find the variable responsible for the SOP node itself (usually mid-gray).

UILight.hcs
NodeGraphLight.inc
NodeGraphCommon.inc
Staff
4159 posts
Default node colors aren't part of those color schemes, they're set with opdefaultcolor [www.sidefx.com], usually in OPcustomize.

If you look at the OPcustomizefile in your Houdini installation dir ($HFS/houdini/OPcustomize), that's where the default node colors are set. You can copy OPCustomize to your Houdini preferences directory, and set the default colors to whatever you want (that's also what you have to do to override custom node shapes).

You can also set those in the OnCreated scripts of custom HDAs.

HTH!
I'm o.d.d.
74 posts
Thanks. This works if I specify a SOP type by name in OPcustomize, e.g. for a null SOP:

opdefaultcolor Sop null 'RGB .7 .8 .87'

I'd like to change the basic mid-gray default color for all SOP nodes. Is there a way to specify the default color for all SOP nodes or do I need to list all SOP types one by one (which seems tedious)?

A second question: do you know per chance how to force SOP nodes to have a thin, black outline? Right now, only the currently selected node shows a thin, black outline and a thicker, yellowish outline. I see two related settings, but they seem to affect only the currently selected outline, not all SOP nodes.

GraphBorderWidth: 5(in NodeGraphCommon.inc)
GraphItemBorder: BLACK(in NodeGraphLight.inc)
Edited by element33 - June 30, 2017 16:32:57
74 posts
For now, I listed all available SOPs and added them to OPcustomize. Cheesy, but it works.
  • Quick Links