Cooking issue

1701   3   0
21 posts
Hi everyone,

I have a little problem with a python script that I've made for the occasion. I want to reproduce an earthquake. For this reason, I've made a wall and added a groundplane as you can see in the ‘initial_wall’ picture. Then, through the python script I've simulated an earthquake that moves the groundplane and the result is in the second picture ‘earthquake_1’. Finally, when a I've cooked the groundplane result, this has changed dramatically as you can see in the last picture ‘earthquake_cook_res’. Has someone any idea for the reason of this result? Have I done something wrong?

Thanks for your answers,

Joe

Attachments:
initial_wall.png (477.8 KB)
eartquake_1.png (507.6 KB)
earthquake_cook_res.png (366.3 KB)

2534 posts
You may need to force cook your Python node while baking. I have found that the Python node does not always update, so perhaps your code is not running every frame like it should?

You can force cook any node during an export/cache by placing a line of code inside the Pre-Render script field of the ROP that is doing the exporting. Make sure to switch from the default of hScript to Python for this code to work.

hou.node('/obj/my_python_node').cook(force=True)
Edited by Enivob - Aug. 2, 2017 10:36:33
Using Houdini Indie 20.0
Windows 11 64GB Ryzen 16 core.
nVidia 3050RTX 8BG RAM.
21 posts
Hi Envibob,

Thanks for your suggestion…
21 posts
Hi again,

I've done it. But I had the same results when I forced the cooking step, hou.node('/obj/AutoDopNetwork/groundplane1').cook(True).

Thanks for your advice.
  • Quick Links