Autorig main scale and icon scale controls

3680   7   1
581 posts
Hello.
Probably this questions sounds a little bit lame but I couldn't find how to do this easily with the new autorig tools in 16.
Well, to be honest I haven't used the autorig stuff since a couple of years ago, I rememeber previous version used to get a decent default scale depending on your geo, and you can scale the whole rig controls easiliy from the root.
But in 16 all the scale parameters are locked and the initial scale of the rig controls are far from match my geometry, in my case they are like 3 times smaller than my character, so I have to unlock the Uniform Scale parameter adjust it to make the controls fit my geo.
Why are all the scale parameters for the root locked?

The second thing, would be possible to expose the Display Scale in the autorig panel so we can easily adjust the scale preview for the controls?

Thanks

P
Un saludo
Best Regards

Pablo Giménez
581 posts
Ah I found how to change the icon scale size, the Size parameter in the autorig panel, too obvious for not being expose somewhere.
But he other one, the overall scale of the rig still is a mistery
Un saludo
Best Regards

Pablo Giménez
581 posts
Ah I found how to change the icon scale size, the Size parameter in the autorig panel, too obvious for not being expose somewhere.
But he other one, the overall scale of the rig still is a mistery
Un saludo
Best Regards

Pablo Giménez
Staff
3455 posts
Scaling of the entire guide geometry is on my list.
Michael Goldfarb | www.odforce.net
Training Lead
SideFX
www.sidefx.com
581 posts
Good to know, I though I was getting mad.
Also, would be good to have a global icon scale parameter in case is not there, I know there is one per module, but I believe
I haven't seen anything global that affects all modules.
Also would be useful and less confusing if the global scale of the rig can be initiated to more or less fit the dimension of the geo to have some good initial values.
Cheers.

P
Un saludo
Best Regards

Pablo Giménez
Staff
3455 posts
Scaling of the entire guide geometry will be available in the next major Houdini release - I can't backport it to H16.0.x as it's tied up with some other changes.
thanks
Michael Goldfarb | www.odforce.net
Training Lead
SideFX
www.sidefx.com
4189 posts
sweet so it'll available next week then eh?
581 posts
Thanks!
Un saludo
Best Regards

Pablo Giménez
  • Quick Links