@gl_ in wrangle nodes

3784   5   3
185 posts
So while poking around in COP image plane spotted a wrangle which makes the object unlit and wireframe:

i@gl_lit = 0;
i@gl_wireframe = -1

It’s pretty cool to be able to override display setting in a wrangle node, and something that I could see being useful for rigging (making controllers unlit regardless of display settings springs to mind).

However I couldn’t find any resources on this in the docs and am getting some unexpected results (merge two objectes with different settings and some seem to get precedence over others).

So wondering if anyone knows if there are any other gl_ functions that can be used in wrangle nodes and whether this is a supported feature or something liable to change?
Staff
5156 posts
There is a list of viewport attributes in the help under model/attributes (or just search for gl_lit).
185 posts
Cheers Twod!

Embarassingly headed straight to the vex function page and didn’t try the global search
Staff
5156 posts
No worries, I figured it'd be better to point you at the list than regurgitate it here
8525 posts
the docs mentions just gl_wireframe and gl_lit
would be great if docs reflect all the attributes, since it's very difficult to find out about them and there is more for sure, like gl_showallpoints
Tomas Slancik
FX Supervisor
Method Studios, NY
30 posts
Super old thread, but I thought I'd place this here for completeness…
This site now lists all these attributes:
https://www.sidefx.com/docs/houdini/model/attributes.html [www.sidefx.com]
- Martin Egger
Student at Filmakademie BW
& Freelance FX TD
  • Quick Links