Bake Texture issues

2771   1   0
32 posts
Anyone know why I always have issue baking textures?

Happens the past few versions w/ Houdini and w/ various projects, the attached being an example.

The BakeTexture node (high to low poly) gives me various errors, notably “Cannot UV render without normals” - but I have normals on everything. The included project is baking hair to hair cards (and yes I have checked the render flag on the guide grooms and have use sop geometry checked).

The Games Bake Texture node by Kruel et al I never got to work - it always gives me error rendering child errors.
32 posts
Think I figured it out - the games baker HDA in the low node (two levels in) has a bad parameter reference and can't read the low poly object specified by the user in the root of the HDA. Dug into it and set it manually and appears to be working.

Edit -

Error
Python error: Traceback (most recent call last):
File “”, line 1, in
File “opdefDriver/rop_games_baker?PythonModule”, line 40, in pre_bake
File “CPROGRA~1/SIDEEF~1/HOUDIN~1.717/houdini/python2.7libs\hou.py”, line 35323, in set
return _hou.Parm_set(*args)
PermissionError: Failed to modify node or parameter because of a permission error. Possible causes include locked assets, takes, product permissions or user specified permissions
Edited by GaryHanna - Sept. 6, 2017 21:46:28
  • Quick Links