Trouble with cache fluids in vdb format or bgeo

3535   6   0
17 posts
Hi people, I am trying to cache fluid sim to vdb or bgeo format, but size of each frame of cache is 1-2 kb.
I tried to do on different versions, the result is the same
Link to video:

Please help!
Edited by akvahouse - Oct. 9, 2017 12:47:29
7737 posts
Can't tell from the video what's going on. You never showed the geometry spreadsheet or middle clicked the dopimportfields node to show whether or not it was importing anything. I suspect it is not, and that's why it doesn't write anything out. Ensure the object name specified by the dop import is correct.
17 posts
jsmack
Can't tell from the video what's going on. You never showed the geometry spreadsheet or middle clicked the dopimportfields node to show whether or not it was importing anything. I suspect it is not, and that's why it doesn't write anything out. Ensure the object name specified by the dop import is correct.
I have setup scene, where all work perfect, sim cached, so I use this scene for starting point. Only change the source of volume and size of container. Network the same.
8525 posts
what is the Error on Geometry ROP saying?
Tomas Slancik
FX Supervisor
Method Studios, NY
17 posts
tamte
what is the Error on Geometry ROP saying?
There were no errors in Geometry ROP. This is source network:

And DOP:
17 posts
jsmack
Thanks for help, you right, name of default object was wrong ^_^
8525 posts
akvahouse
There were no errors in Geometry ROP. This is source network:
haha, weird, I'm almost certain that's an error Badge in the video on your Geometry ROP, anyway, glad you found the problem
Tomas Slancik
FX Supervisor
Method Studios, NY
  • Quick Links