Tension Map learning

7743   6   3
1265 posts
I made a tension map in Houdini to learn more about building my own deformers. The transition from Softimage to Houdini has been painful and lots of fun at the same time.
The first two weeks were hard, but I'm slowly getting the hang of the interface and how to work around some of the selection bugs. I hope the next release will fix some of the old niggles.

Please have a look at the hip file and let me know if I'm doing it the right way.

Thanks
Werner

Attachments:
Tension_Map_101_wz.rar (19.9 KB)

Werner Ziemerink
Head of 3D
www.luma.co.za
Staff
2540 posts
Looks good to me. First class actually.

Using Rest Attributes and SOPs along with VOP SOPs for the attribute working is how it's done.

Thank-you for a good example file.
There's at least one school like the old school!
1265 posts
Thanks for taking the time to have a look at the file Jeff.

I really appreciate it.
Werner Ziemerink
Head of 3D
www.luma.co.za
1 posts
Hi Werner. I am trying to learn Houdini as well. Can you please tell me how or where did you learn this things need it for tension and this kind of things ? Thank you .
1265 posts
Ebonit
Hi Werner. I am trying to learn Houdini as well. Can you please tell me how or where did you learn this things need it for tension and this kind of things ? Thank you .

Hi Ebonit,

I used Softimage for many years before I moved over to Houdini. Softimage ICE was my tool of choice and when I started with Houdini, I decided to rebuild some of the tools I made way back in Softimage.

There is a wealth of information here and on the odforce forums to get you going. Learn by playing and looking at other people's HDA;s.
Werner Ziemerink
Head of 3D
www.luma.co.za
402 posts
Nice setup Werner! Super clean!
Henry Dean
192 posts
v cool.
  • Quick Links