Heightfield Output Tiling not working

2554   1   0
116 posts
Trying to split up a heightfield into udim tiles and the tiling option in the output node doesn't output anything with any configuration. It feels broken. What am I missing?
Simon van de Lagemaat
owner the Embassy VFX
5 posts
Edit: In classic fashion I found a non hacky fix right after posting this. Just switch the output type from packed raster to deepRaster and all the tiled settings work as expected.

Hey Simon, just confirming that its definitely broken(to my knowledge), but theres a hacky fix for it.

Hacky Fix: You can put a tile split node before the heightfield output, set the node to output single tiles, and the tile number to $F-1. You can then tell the heightfield output node export a sequence, which is how many tiles you have. So I normally expression link the max frames to the heightfieldTile tilex parm * heightfieldTile tiley parm

Why I think its broken: If you actually unlock the heightfield output node and look at how its exporting, the COP network is pointing at a window node thats hooked up to invisible parms (and somehow this is working, but not iterating) and the ropOut in that network is not iterating at all, because it too is hooked to inivisible parms that aren't working. Seems like it started to get implemented but it just never got finished. Or I'm using it completely wrong.
Edited by SteveRed - Nov. 27, 2017 14:59:55
  • Quick Links