Please help How to bake and render in Houdini?

2090   3   0
2 posts
Hi guys and gals,
I am very fresh when it comes to Houdini, I am a Blender user.
I am going to use Houdini mostly for VFX.

I have been searching trough forums and youtube to find out how you bake in Houdini, maybe you have a different name for it. Also how to I render? all I know is that I need a rendernode.

Cheers
7741 posts
Did you search the tutorials section of this website, or the Houdini documentation, or this forum's post history?
2 posts
jsmack
Did you search the tutorials section of this website, or the Houdini documentation, or this forum's post history?
Yes I did, I also might explain my self a little bad. There are a lot of baking textures, but not what I am looking for.
In Blender “bake” is also used for Fluid, fire, smoke simulation and so on. You need to bake the fluid before you can render it out.

Is that you use Flipbooks for in Houdini? then when the Flipbook is ready you can render?
I have done a Flipbook for my fluid, and I am now exporting this out with Alembic export.
Will that be enough to use this inside Blender?
648 posts
go to /out, create a geometry node, set its sop path to the node you want to save (can drag'n'drop it) set the filename & range, hit render. Load it back into sops with a file node.

http://www.sidefx.com/docs/houdini/nodes/out/geometry.html [www.sidefx.com]
  • Quick Links