Flat Tank wont load - What's wrong with my FBX?

1880   2   0
1 posts
I have a scene I'd like to simulate using the Flat Tank shelf tool. It's a tug boat pushing a barge. Exported FBX from Cinema 4D (attached both C4D file and FBX).

Scaling:
Unless I scale the project into millimeters in C4D, it comes is as very large in Houdini. So I've applied a 0.01 scale on the main FBX node.

Problem:
I click on the geometry I'd like the Flat Tank to follow, then on the Flat Tank tool. It stops with the following message:

'NoneType' object is not iterable

Details:

Traceback (most recent call last):
File “dynamics_flattank”, line 4, in <module>
File “CPROGRA~1/SIDEEF~1/HOUDIN~1.268/houdini/python2.7libs\dopparticlefluidtoolutils.py”, line 2487, in flatTank
box, landnode, dopnode, solver = createoceansourcetwo('flattank', False, False, False, True, False, kwargs)
File “CPROGRA~1/SIDEEF~1/HOUDIN~1.268/houdini/python2.7libs\dopparticlefluidtoolutils.py”, line 2244, in createoceansourcetwo
createextended)
File “CPROGRA~1/SIDEEF~1/HOUDIN~1.268/houdini/python2.7libs\dopparticlefluidtoolutils.py”, line 1691, in createoceanboxtwo
for surfacenode in surfacenodes:
TypeError: ‘NoneType’ object is not iterable

I've also included the Houdini file with the scene imported.

Any and all help is greatly appreciated.

Attachments:
NoneTypeProblem_Files.zip (2.0 MB)

73 posts
Hi!

Thank for including an example file. I was able to reproduce the issue and it looks like this is a bug. Please be patient while we look into it.

Thank you,
Ryan
73 posts
Hi,

We've filed it as a bug. Fortunately there is a work around. Create a new geo node and place an object merge node inside. Then reference your desired follow object with the object merge. Now you can use your new geo as the follow selection for the flat tank.

I've attached a modified version of your example.

I hope that helps,
Ryan
Edited by rgoldade - Nov. 20, 2017 12:08:24

Attachments:
ProblemScene_workaround.hiplc (2.3 MB)

• Quick Links