guide/ hair interpolation

3702   3   2
184 posts
Hi,

I think it would be very handy to have a seperate controll or attribute for the guide/hair interpolation of merged grooming regions that do not affect the general guide interpolation. Now we have to define everything with one influence radius attribute.
Further it would be cool to have blending options in the groom merge.

Looking forward to your thoughts,

Lucas
Edited by Fest - Nov. 29, 2017 19:13:23
614 posts
we have that with the part line, but i was never able to sucesfully use it as intended i nother softwares, the best thing to do is breack into diferent sections and hair objects.

check fabio hair:
http://polybevel.wixsite.com/fabio-hair-system [polybevel.wixsite.com]
its been use in several projects allready and include bunch of tools.
184 posts
HI,

Thanks for the feedback.May i ask what do you mean by part line? i think the parting line is used for strict orientation seperation of guides/hairs and not for blending/interpolation of different groom objects?

Cheers
Staff
637 posts
Yeah it should be pretty easy for us to implement such a thing.

I think you could even hack it yourself by setting a different clumpid primitive attribute value on each object's guides. Then you can control the inter-object blending using the Clump Crossover parameter on the hair generate object.

I'm still planning to implement something that actually pushes apart the guides when you use the Part Guides SOP. Just haven't gotten to it. It's pretty straight forward to do it now though with the Guide Bend SOP and it's ability to take a direction attribute, just not a one-click solution yet.
Kai Stavginski
Senior Technical Director
SideFX
  • Quick Links