macOS High Sierra

12197   47   4
1755 posts
@Marty Indeed, that's the main reason I use the mouse in everything else other than sculpting/drawing.

@all Looking at this thread and its common denominator (Mac OS), I feel like an elephant in a porcelain store. I hope, at least some Windows users will appreciate my solution to no one's problem.
517 posts
I find the wacom to be way more natural than a mouse, and it doesn't give me RSI like using a mouse all day would.
It would be great if they could fix it up, it's not like they are an uncommon input device.

ilikehockey
I recently upgraded to 16.5 and am encountering right-click/sticky zoom issues again even though I was able to find the correct permutation of drivers last time. Is anyone else encountering these issues again in 16.5?
I'm getting this in 16.5 on sierra now damn! I thought I had the correct magical wacom drivers but it must be something SideFX changed. I might give the QT4 version a try, I've had some luck with that in the past.
99 posts
Cyzor
Hey, Just going to add to the noise here… It's so damn frustrating! My wacom has been acting out lately as well and I was still using Sierra! I just updated to high sierra yesterday in hopes of better support but nothing! Even with the new drivers it's still finicky and I can't tell whose fault it is anymore.

It's the Wacom driver. Use version 6.3.15-3 if you can. There are some regressions with 3D apps and middle mouse click after that driver.
174 posts
McNistor
@Marty Indeed, that's the main reason I use the mouse in everything else other than sculpting/drawing.

@all Looking at this thread and its common denominator (Mac OS), I feel like an elephant in a porcelain store. I hope, at least some Windows users will appreciate my solution to no one's problem.

Switching displays, yeah, just for that I can't use my tablet.
Plus Wacom doesn't provide any interface to map the Wacom function keys to keyboard keys !!!
So… As I've always have a hand on my keyboard for traditional shortcuts there is no way I'll should have to move it to the keys located on the tablet just for doing this or that related to the tablet.
I just don't understand the Wacom developers here…
1755 posts
NNois
Switching displays, yeah, just for that I can't use my tablet.
Plus Wacom doesn't provide any interface to map the Wacom function keys to keyboard keys !!!
So… As I've always have a hand on my keyboard for traditional shortcuts there is no way I'll should have to move it to the keys located on the tablet just for doing this or that related to the tablet.
I just don't understand the Wacom developers here…

If you're on Windows, you can use a tablet on a dual display setup, by installing autohotkey and downloading and customizing the script I've attached.
I'm guessing you're on Mac OS, but I'm trying to make sure you're aware of what I've posted previously.
174 posts
McNistor
If you're on Windows, you can use a tablet on a dual display setup, by installing autohotkey and downloading and customizing the script I've attached.
I'm guessing you're on Mac OS, but I'm trying to make sure you're aware of what I've posted previously.

Yup we can with this AHK script but I was simply expressing my griefs on the wacom drivers in general. That's a user request for like 10 years and they only makes that possible over a tablet button, so useless…

By the way on macos they had a supercool app named Karabiner ! but the app is now very limited by the recent OS updates, so sad
Edited by NNois - Dec. 4, 2017 05:26:58
517 posts
Hey just been messing with the QT4 version again and I haven't been getting any stuck zoom mode
Also I noticed that if you are altering a value and hit the edge of the screen, it no longer sends it to some crazy high value! That's awesome!
181 posts
Nice. Incidentally, Qt5 on the Mac has also been an obstacle in the new Foundry Mari 4.0 release:

Mari has been updated to use the Qt5 UI libraries as part of our support for the VFX Reference Platform 2017 standard. Due to the nature of the Qt libraries, which are not created by Apple, the Mac OS X version of Mari 4.0 requires more development time to ensure a quality user experience

https://www.foundry.com/products/mari/faqs [www.foundry.com]
  • Quick Links