Previous Wiring Style?

2593   9   1
171 posts
Hi!
Is there a way to switch on previous wiring style as maybe third to the new both two (one is straight, another one is uniformly rounded)? I can't find it neither in Preferences nor in Options.
Thanks
Edited by RyuKu - Dec. 7, 2017 06:39:07

Attachments:
Wiring_Styles.jpg (323.8 KB)

2038 posts
Shift + S toggles between the two styles when cursor is in network.
171 posts
@BabaJ Yes, it switches between two new styles > straight and rounded. I try to find the way to enable the previous one.
2038 posts
I think at some version of Houdini ( 16? ) that it went to only 2 styles - because of the new options for organizing in the network.

To get something similar you can alt + click on the wire to give you a ‘wire node’ to help organize.

It's alot of work if you really need to get it like it was before. I'm assuming you opened an old file in a newer version of Houdini?

But then again maybe there still is a third option available but have to dig under the ‘hood’ to get to it: and perhaps someone might chime in on that if they know.
171 posts
Yes, seems it happened with Amarok's version But I remember it, and think about every day, connecting every node, miss about almost nothing and love all the new things added, miss only previous wiring style Feel better with it. Thought will be ok with one of the new two, but I'm not. I'm almost sure it's hidden somewhere.

Alt+LMB is very nice for organizing networks, I use it, but it doesn't change the way wires come out of nodes and come in. That was more alive.

“alot of work” - you mean to find it inside of Houdini options or for SESI to return it to Houdini if it was removed?

Yeah, would be nice if someone knows
Edited by RyuKu - Dec. 7, 2017 14:46:58
2038 posts
“alot of work” - you mean to find it inside of Houdini options or for SESI to return it to Houdini if it was removed?

What I meant is if you were needing to wire something to get it close to how your original layout was with the old style, it might be alot of work to do so.

But your just asking in general terms of style, so really not a necessary comment on my part.
7759 posts
Spline style is gone for now. It could come back some day.
171 posts
“Spline” - was official name? Thought to ask SESI about it, but don't know how and where. And don't know how Houdini looks like from their side, how is written. If to return something like removed wiring style - as if to write the whole programm from the beginning or just a kind of one-click decision.
7759 posts
I dunno, ask Mark.
171 posts
jsmack
I dunno, ask Mark.

Aamm sorry, jsmack, but if it's to me - what Mark do you mean? O_o
  • Quick Links