Command Exit Code : 15

9473   5   2
87 posts
Hello
I have just purchased Houdini Apprentice and noticed that when I installed my license I ended up having 2 non commercial licenses for the app and 2 non commercial license for the renderer, along with the Apprentice edition.
Houdini launched correctly in HD Non-Commercial mode.

I create a very simple Font Sop, then used it with the Flames shelf tool. I can see in the viewport that all is working fine, but rendering with Mantra won't work. The renderer just never starts.

Checking the Mantra ROP gives me “Error : Command Exit Code :15”

I am on a Mac, runnining OS 10.5 (not Snow Leopard)

What am I doing wrong here? Do I need to delete the other licenses?

Thanks
Alex
87 posts
Little addition to this…I just tested rendering a simple cube in the scene, and the render works. So it must be something related to heavy DOP related scenes maybe?
519 posts
Try to start houdini from the command line and then render your mantra scene with the -V 4 option (which means it spits out a lot of messages about what it is doing and possibly what is going wrong).
87 posts
Thanks

When I launch Houdini through the terminal (i'm on OSX) I get

houdini invalid drawable
2010-04-16 14:59:02.220 houdini invalid drawable
2010-04-16 14:59:02.224 houdini invalid drawable
2010-04-16 14:59:02.228 houdini invalid drawable
—–

Then if I try to use any command I get “command not found”, as if I had been bounced out of the Houdini environment and back into regular Mac -bash environment

Alex
948 posts
I am using houdini 16 and I am having this command exit code:15 on our farm

any tips?
https://vimeo.com/user2163076 [vimeo.com]
7755 posts
I think that is a cook error, as in an object's geometry failed to cook. It is usually because a read node isn't pointing to a file that exists, but it could be any other sop that is in an error state.
  • Quick Links