Need Help with Physics basics.

1209   2   2
3 posts
Hello everyone, maybe someone could put little effort to explain me how to do these following basics in semi-detailed way?

1) How i cam make cloth or other simulated object still during simulation ? E.g. making curtains
2) How i can use FEM on animated character? e.g. simulate punch to a stomach
3) How i can control ragdoll on animated character? Do i have to set timings or there's an automated way?
4) How i can keyframe in more effiecient way instead than right click mouse and going through the UI to click “set keyframe/commit change”.
5) How i can simulate this without the character falling on ground? Do i need muscle system or something? https://youtu.be/On1CsbTwlDs?t=2m35s [youtu.be]
Edited by Exaco - Dec. 22, 2017 22:46:52
2529 posts
1.) After you simulate the cloth drop down a TimeShift after the DOPImport and set the frame to a fixed number, i.e. the frame you want to freeze on. Right-Click on the Frame field and choose Delete Channel from the menu.
2.) Not really FEM based, but check out here [forums.odforce.net].
3.) Ragdoll is part of the Crowd System. You will have to configure your animated character to match that system then you can trigger when the agent transitions into rag doll state.
4.) ALT-Click on a field to keyframe quickly. Also if you press the K-KEY it will keyframe the entire transformation matrix (i.e. LOC/ROT/SCALE)
5.) Try same technique mentioned in item 2.
Edited by Enivob - Dec. 23, 2017 16:07:27
Using Houdini Indie 20.0
Ubuntu 64GB Ryzen 16 core.
nVidia 3050RTX 8BG RAM.
3 posts
Enivob
Thanks! Btw TimeShift sounds like std freeze, but what if i want to attach an wire for example that holds it ( in 3ds Max for example there's vertex groups that can be frozen or attached to other object and scaling,moving the other object affects the sim ) ?
Edited by Exaco - Dec. 26, 2017 06:51:59
  • Quick Links