Connect adjacent Pieces error

4029   6   0
5 posts
Hi - i am new to houdini and working with rigid body dynamics. when i Connect an connectadjacentpieces my Mesh disappear. Can some one help me with that thee same.
Attachment Not Found

Attachments:
Connect Adjacent pieces error.jpg (882.4 KB)
Pig.hipnc (390.9 KB)

2528 posts
Most of the time you should not ignore those little icon flag that appear by your nodes. There is a warning on your connect node. If you click on the i flag or middle click hold you can read the warning message. You don't have a name attribute. If you read the help card for the connect node you will discover that it needs that name attribute to make the connections.

Try going up one node to the Assemble node and turning on the checkbox for Create Name Attribute and turn off Create Packed Primitives.
Edited by Enivob - Dec. 23, 2017 16:16:45
Using Houdini Indie 20.0
Ubuntu 64GB Ryzen 16 core.
nVidia 3050RTX 8BG RAM.
5 posts
Hi enivod and others, I tried that too. I enabled the Check option on the Create Name Attribute and its the same . I Sill get the same error message.

Attachments:
Connect adjacent pieces error.jpg (951.2 KB)

555 posts
i modded your file…

Attachments:
Pig_mod.hipnc (372.6 KB)

5 posts
Thanks Vusta, but i am not able create a constrain network with your modification. i might also be wrong. I am attaching my Scene file for further reference.

I need a glue constrain for the setup.

Thanks

Attachments:
Pig_mod1.hipnc (391.7 KB)

555 posts
01) well your constraint should be s@constraint_name, not s@constrain_name

02) I also modded your assemble

03) you then blasted away your constraints…what's the point ? I've disabled the blast.

Attachments:
Pig_mod2.hipnc (389.4 KB)

5 posts
Thanks Vusta. It worked .
  • Quick Links