Transform Node

2335   2   2
15 posts
Hi.

I'm a new user to Houdini and I have normally used Modo and Softimage, I'm very impressed!

Following a tutorial and I want to Tab to find the Transform node…doesn't seem to be there? Is thsi now the Null node?

Thanks

Attachments:
2017-12-31 (1).png (277.2 KB)

1743 posts
It looks like you're probably at the object level. If you want to change the transform of an object, you can either transform it directly, or use a Null object node if you want to make a transform hierarchy. If you want to transform the positions of some of the points inside the object, you'll have to dive down into the geometry level (a.k.a. the SOP level), by double-clicking on the object node or selecting the node and pressing i, then put down a Transform SOP. Hopefully one of those is what you're looking for.
Writing code for fun and profit since... 2005? Wow, I'm getting old.
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC_HFmdvpe9U2G3OMNViKMEQ [www.youtube.com]
15 posts
ndickson
It looks like you're probably at the object level. If you want to change the transform of an object, you can either transform it directly, or use a Null object node if you want to make a transform hierarchy. If you want to transform the positions of some of the points inside the object, you'll have to dive down into the geometry level (a.k.a. the SOP level), by double-clicking on the object node or selecting the node and pressing i, then put down a Transform SOP. Hopefully one of those is what you're looking for.

Hey there. Thanks, that was it!
  • Quick Links