Digital Asset - Save Node Type

3082   2   0
2036 posts
It's been a while since I've created any Digital Assets.

I think I may have forgotten how to do some things with them.

I have a digtial asset that I wanted to change a couple of its' parameters default values; When say you open a new hip file and import/create that digital asset.

In the past, and this is where I think I fail to remember, I thought I could simply do the steps:

Allow editing of contents > Change the digital assets parameter values to desired ones > Save Node Type > Match Current Definition.

But it doesn't change/save to my changes as expected.(When I import/create in a new file - the old parameter values persist)

The only way to get what I want is to delete those digital asset parameters, find the ‘source’ parameter and delete the channel reference that got created when the asset was made; Then put in the value I wish it to be at. Drag and Drop the newly set parameter for the asset like originally. Then save node type and match current definition.

At this point if I then import/create the asset I do get the desired results with the ‘new’ parameter values.

I don't mind taking these extra steps but I swear I thought I could simply change the values, save node type and match current definition.

Any thoughts, am I missing something?
Staff
3455 posts
allow editing of the HDA
open the Type Properties of the HDA
select the Parameter you want to change
go to the Channels Tab
you'll see the default values listed - just change them and Apply/Accept
Michael Goldfarb | www.odforce.net
Training Lead
SideFX
www.sidefx.com
2036 posts
Again…how usefull these forums are in cases like these where the solution was so simple..why didn't I think of trying that..

Thanks Michael.
  • Quick Links