Pin to a context rather than to a node

1398   2   1
171 posts
Hello,

Sorry if I miss it somehow somewhere, and it's again about UI, that maybe boring, but I can't find if it's possible or not, and if it is - how to do the following:

Would like to pin not just a particular node's Parameters to a context, but parameters of all nodes of this context (want it for a floating another context).
E.g. I have ‘/obj’ near the viewport and I pin it.
I have say “/out” floating with his own parameters and pin it too.
Both contexts have several nodes. If I pin a node's parameters inside one of them, I can select any other node there and parameters will be for the pinned one. And this is what we need this option seems for. And I can select in this situation different nodes in another context floating and parameters will be changed there respectively to the changed selection (if the parameters network is not pinned).
But how to keep both opened networks pinned, and let parameters be changed if I select different nodes within them, but don't give parameters be intersected between contexts.

And don't know how to call it - let's say - Parameters pinned to a selected node - First level pinning, what I try to achieve - Second level pinning.

Sorry if explanation is not enough clear.
Feel free to correct me if needed.
Appreciate help and advices.
Thanks.
Edited by RyuKu - Jan. 4, 2018 09:25:21
387 posts
I'm not sure if I understood what you want, maybe this is off.

Check Pane Linking: http://www.sidefx.com/docs/houdini/basics/panes.html [www.sidefx.com]

You can create new Network Pane. Set it's link to 2. Switch it to /OUT context and then link other windows like Parameter Pane to same number.
Do the same for another Network Pane in /OBJ context and you will have multiple windows for different contexts.

There is also option in General User Interface to color Pane Headers based on context.

There is also Context View pane that dynamically switches to 3d scene view/motion graph/etc… based on linked (current) context.
171 posts
Hi, pezetko,
Have found the answer in the given by you link in the “Advanced: tab linking”.
Had strong feeling - SideFX also created it. So nice to have it.
Thanks for the explanations you give.
Yes, I have Pane Headers coloured dependently to contexts.
But I still wonder - it seems to me that sometimes I see other users have them brighter while the whole gamma is the same (I mean main dark colouring).
I've played with Color Settings in Edit, maybe do it somehow so it shouldn't be done - can't achieve what I want.
But about Headers I'm more interested - if it is possible or not to adjust own custom colours to them. (?)
Haven't had deal with the Context View yet. Right now looks a little bit too overhelming.
Thanks for the reply… and for any other advices.
Edited by RyuKu - Jan. 4, 2018 17:54:15
  • Quick Links