Autorig Errors

2611   9   2
69 posts
Does anyone else get these errors? I make a “auto rig”, and move all the guide “bones” around in the proper location. I save out the “Extra JSON” file as well, that contains the rig definitions. I even export the JSON file too. I save the .hip file, so I can come back and adjust the rig once I bake out a test rig. All goes well, but if I open the old file, then do a File>Load From Existing Asset, I get some errors. When I bake out a new rig, it errors out around the ankles and gives me an error. I delete the whole “auto rig”, and generate a new one from the saved JSON file. I get this result:

Attachments:
AutorigReloadResult.JPG (67.5 KB)

Staff
3455 posts
there was a change in the way hands/feet were attached - this causes the offset
I was sure I fixed all cases…
can you attach the .json file?
and let me know what versions of Houdini were used to build the rig?

thanks
Michael Goldfarb | www.odforce.net
Training Lead
SideFX
www.sidefx.com
69 posts
Sure. Thanks. I did this twice, with the same results. I did it in version 16.0.736.

Attachments:
Cartoon_Character.json (47.8 KB)

Staff
3455 posts
thanks - this will help me track down the issue
do you remember what version of Houdini you used to create the character originally?
Training Lead
SideFX
www.sidefx.com
69 posts
I'm not sure exactly. I believe that I tried it on 16.0.6xx some version in that series. However, I did totally recreate it in this very latest version (.736) with the same results. I rebuilt the preference folder prior to starting again, so there shouldn't have been any connection with the prior version.

Thanks for looking into this. I've been in class today all day long, so I haven't been able to check the forum.
69 posts
Any ideas on this? I'm doing my hands and feet manually now. Hoping they will work with the rig properly. I prefer to do these a little different anyway.
6 posts
I've been getting this error as well. Also in 16.0.736;
Even prevents me from building the rig if I move the hands at all from a fresh or saved autorig.
If I load up the file and delete the hands the rig builds without any issue.

Attachments:
HumanoidSetup.json (46.5 KB)

Staff
3455 posts
There have been a couple of changes to the way that modules parent to each other.
In the next major release (H16.5 - next week!) these two AutorigSettings files should import without issue and build.
I've tested both today.

thanks for your patience
Training Lead
SideFX
www.sidefx.com
69 posts
Great! I'm looking forward to testing it out. Been keen to put together a rigging demo for a dragon, and I'd love to use the autorig, as well as show the other rigging tools, CHOPS, etc.
11 posts
arctor
There have been a couple of changes to the way that modules parent to each other.
In the next major release (H16.5 - next week!) these two AutorigSettings files should import without issue and build.
I've tested both today.

thanks for your patience
Unfortunately, this problem is in 16.5 on different builds, 268, 345.
Edited by hashman63 - Jan. 11, 2018 08:50:01
  • Quick Links