HDK SOP_Star sample cmake build fail on macos

2131   5   3
17 posts
Hi all,
I was toying the cmake system for building HDK sops and it seems that the search path for houdini shared libs isn't right. I get the following messages after calling make:
make[2]: *** No rule to make target `/Applications/Houdini/Houdini16.5.323/Frameworks/Houdini.framework/Versions/16.5.323/Resources/Applications/Frameworks/Houdini.framework/Versions/16.5.323/Libraries/libHoudiniAPPS3.dylib', needed by `/Users/<user>/Library/Preferences/houdini/16.5/dso/SOP_Star.dylib'.  Stop.
make[1]: *** [CMakeFiles/SOP_Star.dir/all] Error 2
make: *** [all] Error 2
It seems like $HFS is being prepended to the search path for some reason. I resolved this locally by changing HoudiniConfig.cmake.
Staff
727 posts
Hey Egor, I've backported the OSX fixes for tomorrow's 16.5 build
17 posts
Thank you!
8 posts
I had this problem as well. I updated to 16.5.367, and running cmake I managed to generate the build files. when I ran make I got this warning though-

Audios-MacBook-Pro:build Audio$ make
[ 33%] Generating SOP_Star.proto.h
Scanning dependencies of target SOP_Star
[ 66%] Building CXX object CMakeFiles/SOP_Star.dir/SOP_Star.C.o
/Users/Audio/samples/SOP/SOP_Star/SOP_Star.C:203:19: warning: unused variable 'primoff' [-Wunused-variable]
        GA_Offset primoff = detail->appendPrimitivesAndVertices(GA_PRIMPOLY, 1, npoints, start_vtxoff, true);
                  ^
1 warning generated.
[100%] Linking CXX shared library /Users/Audio/Library/Preferences/houdini/16.5/dso/SOP_Star.dylib
[100%] Built target SOP_Star
Audios-MacBook-Pro:build Audio$ 
1743 posts
Sorry! The unused variable warning is my fault. It's harmless, though, so you can ignore it. It'll be fixed in tomorrow's build.

In many cases, you'll want to use the primitive offset returned from appendPrimitivesAndVertices, but in this case, it's not needed. Also, if you're creating a lot of polygons and they might share points, GEO_PrimPoly::buildBlockis more handy, since it manages linking the points and vertices in parallel.
Writing code for fun and profit since... 2005? Wow, I'm getting old.
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC_HFmdvpe9U2G3OMNViKMEQ [www.youtube.com]
8 posts
Thanks ndickson! its all working well!
  • Quick Links