Size image in uv view

4413   28   0
57 posts
Can I resize the image in Uv View? Now the texture looks strange by default.
57 posts
I understand that these settings affect the size of the tiling, but I can not change them.

Attachments:
11111111.jpg (464.4 KB)

171 posts
Sorry that didn't answer for some time as promised, was in the file thinking that will need to create UVs, remembering seems previous your question, but then forgot completely about uv editing.
But I feel as if we probably talk about different things and my ‘answer’ is not reliable in any way at all to this your thread's question.
So about tiling - it seems to me working (attached gif). Maybe you need to change background from Dark to Light/ Grey to make it visible. Not sure that the question is about it though. Write here/ in the new topic if you've asked about something absolutely different.
Edited by RyuKu - Jan. 18, 2018 16:09:25

Attachments:
UV_Tiling_increasing.gif (221.0 KB)

57 posts
Ryu Ku
Sorry that didn't answer for some time as promised, was in the file thinking that will need to create UVs, remembering seems previous your question, but then forgot completely about uv editing… look inside if just will be interested/ have time, etc. > maybe just a couple of new hotkeys to find out.
But I feel as if we probably talk about different things and my ‘answer’ is not reliable in any way at all to this your thread's question.
So about tiling - it seems to me working (attached gif). Maybe you need to change background from Dark to Light/ Grey to make it visible. Not sure that the question is about it though. Write here/ in the new topic if you've asked about something absolutely different.
Ahh and being in viewports remembered to say - if somehow you haven't had deal with it yet here > Ctrl + B is imo useful to work faster full-screen viewport mode for mdl/ texturing.
*file-name seems to me incorrect now - I don't know what it's finally about, hope you won't be against that I can be off-topic with it.
I'm going to change this on a light background, because I tried on black and so I do not see any difference in terms of everything. I do not quite understand what these meanings are.
I thought this was the number of repetitions of the image in this form.
My letter about the fall with psd files, the developers also accepted my request with 1 revision, too. I understand in the section Changelog / JournalHoudini they publish what they have already been digested? Correct me if it is not so.
I added your name to RFE #87329 requesting this.
That's the answer I received from those support. This is the application number that they assigned to work with my letter, as I understand it. See the section Changelog / JournalHoudini for changes.
171 posts
You've asked about psd files and Changelogs - I went there too to look at - couldn't believe my eyes > see attachment. Looks so as if it could be yours.
Will wait your test for it, cause don't want to say it's about your request, maybe there were earlier issues with psd files too but having another nature.
It would be so interesting if it's yours! As if something happens there right now.

That's the answer I received from those support.
You mean you received:
I added your name to RFE #87329 requesting this.
If so you are not the only one who need it, and as you've found through topics - definitely not alone in requesting this.

Seems I'll need to create something more or less normal with UV too.

Attachments:
Changelog_16.01.18_PSD.jpg (37.9 KB)

57 posts
I'll look at the new assembly today and check the PSD. If you are interested I can tell 2 my request which they accepted for consideration.
In the evening I will write if my mistake in the new assembly is corrected.
171 posts
Not sure I catch the sense correctly
If you are interested I can tell 2 my request which they accepted for consideration.
if it's Google's translation maybe: 2 = too/ to me/ me to add to request?
Talking to you understood I want to try it by myself. And yes - if I could be added to your request - I'm in.
Till evening in this case.
Edited by RyuKu - Jan. 16, 2018 09:34:44
57 posts
Ryu Ku
Not sure I catch the sense correctly
If you are interested I can tell 2 my request which they accepted for consideration.
if it's Google's translation maybe: 2 = too/ to me/ me to add to request?
Talking to you understood I want to try it by myself. And yes - if I could be added to your request - I'm in.
Till evening in this case.
Hi.Developers have corrected the launch of the program when working with psd.
If you are interested, I sent them a request to add the export to obj via the export file as it is done in fbx. Now we will wait for them to do it.
57 posts
Ryu Ku
Sorry that didn't answer for some time as promised, was in the file thinking that will need to create UVs, remembering seems previous your question, but then forgot completely about uv editing… look inside if just will be interested/ have time, etc. > maybe just a couple of new hotkeys to find out.
Ahh and being in viewports remembered to say - if somehow you haven't had deal with it yet here > Ctrl + B is imo useful to work faster full-screen viewport mode for mdl/ texturing.
*file-name seems to me incorrect now - I don't know what it's finally about, hope you won't be against that I can be off-topic with it.
I checked these parameters against the background. Nothing changes with me.
I do not know why psd does not work for me, but those support said that there are no restrictions on the texture formats in the free version.
Edited by Ghostil - Jan. 16, 2018 13:29:28
171 posts
Could you upload here a kind of an example file (hip and psd) with a sticky node inside describing approximately what should be recreated to see what's going on?

psd does not work for me
You have crashes or files are not uploaded?

Do you mean that it's not so as on my gif after you change 1 to 2/ or it is so, but it's not what you was looking for?

Sorry I'm missed somehow and don't understand exactly. Afraid that will advice something more and more wrong.
Cause I've tried right now tester squab geo with pre-built material seems metal grate, used as texture psd file about 23 MB, 1920x1200 pixels, about 20 layers, maybe it's not corresponded to what you do at all, but I don't have crashes, and Houdini doesn't write that something wrong (356 Daily Build). And have tried heavier file - about 60 MB and 40 layers works fine too if it can be connected with weight or number of layers. O_O
Edited by RyuKu - Jan. 16, 2018 15:25:32

Attachments:
Squab_tester_geo_PSD_UV.jpg (327.4 KB)
Squab_tester_geo_PSD_UV_editor.jpg (488.7 KB)
Squab_tester_geo_PSD_UV_40MB.jpg (375.2 KB)

57 posts
Ryu Ku
Could you upload here a kind of an example file (hip and psd) with a sticky node inside describing approximately what should be recreated to see what's going on?

psd does not work for me
You have crashes or files are not uploaded?

Do you mean that it's not so as on my gif after you change 1 to 2/ or it is so, but it's not what you was looking for?

Sorry I'm missed somehow and don't understand exactly. Afraid that will advice something more and more wrong.
Cause I've tried right now tester squab geo with pre-built material seems metal grate, used as texture psd file about 23 MB, 1920x1200 pixels, about 20 layers, maybe it's not corresponded to what you do at all, but I don't have crashes, and Houdini doesn't write that something wrong (356 Daily Build). And 60 MB works fine too if it's about weight. O_O
1. Houdini 16.5.356 this version no crashed if i set my psd file.Developers have it fixed in it and if the texture is not readable it's just a black screen now.
2 Yes if i change Maximum UV to 2 i no see change as in you video.
See my texture in psd.

Attachments:
1.jpg (431.2 KB)
map1b_int1.psd (1.4 MB)

57 posts
See. 1 screen This my texture no repeat.2 repeat. 3 iN 3DS MAX options for uvw unwrap.
Edited by Ghostil - Jan. 16, 2018 15:57:40

Attachments:
2.jpg (468.7 KB)
3.jpg (626.9 KB)
uv tiling in 3ds max.jpg (64.0 KB)

57 posts
It's all about the size of the texture in the form. It shrinks to 512X512 and in fact it is larger.
if in 3ds max true Use custom bitmap size and set Render wight 512 and Render hight 512.
The texture is also drawn not clearly as now in the Houdini by default.
57 posts
Look. That's what I want to get about. 1 then how now is displayed and 2 as needed if you set for example tiling 3. tiling should be set somewhere in the nuts and the ability to display the real size, too.

Attachments:
4.jpg (484.3 KB)
5.jpg (616.4 KB)

Staff
5154 posts
There's no option to allow for tiled display of the background image. You could work around it by making a UDIM sequence (image.jpg -> image1001.jpg, 1002, 1003, 1011, 1012, 1013 would give you 3x2) and loading that as the background.
Edited by malexander - Jan. 17, 2018 10:46:29

Attachments:
uv-udim.png (542.2 KB)

57 posts
twod
There's no option to allow for tiled display of the background image. You could work around it by making a UDIM sequence (image.jpg -> image1001.jpg, 1002, 1003, 1011, 1012, 1013 would give you 3x2) and loading that as the background.
Hey. I tried it like you said. I managed to create another picture on the right. Can you give a link to the description of these parameters? How to use the rest 2? There are 3 tiling parameter uv
Staff
5154 posts
I've made it so that the background image will repeat in the UV view in tomorrow's cut (16.5.359). When the min/max values are outside of 0..1 you'll see the background image repeat, rather than black.
57 posts
twod
I've made it so that the background image will repeat in the UV view in tomorrow's cut (16.5.359). When the min/max values are outside of 0..1 you'll see the background image repeat, rather than black.
Very cool, I will wait.
57 posts
The size of the square in which the image is displayed is possible to make that Houdini vystovlyal under the size of the downloaded election? In my example, the height of the picture is larger than the width, but the program automatically sets the quadrant image. The quality of the picture is distorted. All editors give it automatically or in general can load the image size itself
57 posts
twod
Look in the perspective window that the texture is displayed correctly and it is not compressed. It is necessary that in the uv window it is also displayed, ie the size of 1 cell when loading the image into backgraund should be specified by the size of this image as in all programs.
With the yellow arrow I showed how it should be in 1 cell in uv.
Edited by Ghostil - Jan. 19, 2018 11:14:33

Attachments:
2.jpg (522.2 KB)

• Quick Links