How to select certain copy groups

3193   7   0
27 posts
In the project I am working on I used the copy SOP node to create a bunch of copies and I created output groups called copyGroup$PT. How would I access copyGroup$PT >= 2 with a blast node?
555 posts
dunno, but it's far easier if you enable Copy Number Attrib in the copy and transform (I'm assuming you are using this here) then use @copynum to delete (or blast)

(coz…it's a number…not a string)
Edited by vusta - Jan. 18, 2018 01:21:03

Attachments:
copynum.jpg (216.6 KB)

27 posts
Thank you that works! If you wanted to do this with a copytopoints node how would you do that?
555 posts
I've done a HDA here for the case that you are STUCK with the group names and cannot go back and enable the Copy Number Attrib:

(I haven't looked at your question above tho)

555 posts
stephenanimation27
Thank you that works! If you wanted to do this with a copytopoints node how would you do that?

Not sure if i understood your question…but if you have the point numbers BEFORE the copying process…then simply manipulate the point numbers with a plethora of methods…then copy to the new subset of points ?

The copy to points doesn't have the ‘create group name’ option I don't think.
27 posts
Thank you for making that video that explained a lot! I am a little bit confused when you say having the point numbers before copying. How would you find out the point numbers before you have created the copied geometry?
555 posts
stephenanimation27
Thank you for making that video that explained a lot! I am a little bit confused when you say having the point numbers before copying. How would you find out the point numbers before you have created the copied geometry?

I meant if you use copytopoints…..then the template points you feed in to the 2nd input, manipulate them first BEFORE you feed them in

so if I make a line, give it 20 points, I want to copy boxes to these template points, then use groupbyrange say on the LINE points to select every 3rd point (just an example), then feed these into copytopoints
555 posts
now works not only on group but also attribute: (like name in a voronoi frac)

• Quick Links