My questions on Houdini

9178   40   3
171 posts
Hello,
seems I'll have habit to talk to you - every time looking at the forum see your post above all.
AFAIK you can download another production build https://www.sidefx.com/download/daily-builds/ [www.sidefx.com] that is 16.5.323 now.
As I remember - you will be asked if you want to delete previous version or not.
Or daily build, but maybe some bugs are fixed there - some new maybe appears, hard to say.
Edited by RyuKu - Jan. 14, 2018 15:06:37
57 posts
This fatal error if i use psd file for texture.

Attachments:
1111111.jpg (499.7 KB)

171 posts
I'm by myself never sure about errors, feel that all of them are me, but as it was said somewhere here - crashes often could be something to write to support about:
https://www.sidefx.com/bugs/submit/ [www.sidefx.com]
But again I'm not sure - many of my errors go away after tweaking something or restarting computer… things like this.
And I like this explanation by Chris Rydalch, it helps to calm down and to understand how to submit error for the first time, if you will decide to do this:
https://vimeo.com/146724468 [vimeo.com]
SideFX has great support team, I had fast answers… only not during the weekends though - as it seems today is Sunday.
And if even not for this time, just should be known too - under all forum's questions - the explanation by chrism… maybe it's something to start with if to talk about errors/ crashes/ bugs etc.:
https://www.sidefx.com/forum/topic/15604/ [www.sidefx.com]
Or you can upload your file here, to say what moment at you have this error - I'll try to recreate your steps.
… crashes are always bugs (though some are 3rd party issues that can't be fixed by us) © twod
Edited by RyuKu - Jan. 14, 2018 21:13:26
57 posts
Ryu Ku
I'm by myself never sure about errors, feel that all of them are me, but as it was said somewhere here - crashes often could be something to write to support about:
https://www.sidefx.com/bugs/submit/ [www.sidefx.com]
But again I'm not sure - many of my errors go away after tweaking something or restarting computer… things like this.
And I like this explanation by Chris Rydalch, it helps to calm down and to understand how to submit error for the first time, if you will decide to do this:
https://vimeo.com/146724468 [vimeo.com]
SideFX has great support team, I had fast answers… only not during the weekends though - as it seems today is Sunday.
And if even not for this time, just should be known too - under all forum's questions - the explanation by chrism… maybe it's something to start with if to talk about errors/ crashes/ bugs etc.:
https://www.sidefx.com/forum/topic/15604/ [www.sidefx.com]
Or you can upload your file here, to say what moment at you have this error - I'll try to recreate your steps.
… crashes are always bugs (though some are 3rd party issues that can't be fixed by us) © twod
At us on forums on Houdini I much read that here those support well helps in difference from nekotryh programs. This error happens if in a material to choose psd a texture, in the list of formats it is but it is not loaded.
Can I send developers a request to add some function to the program in the same place?
Sometimes I happen that the manipulators in the viewport disappear, I do not know exactly from what.
171 posts
Yes, I think, it could be submitted as a bug/rfe if it is so with psd files, as you've found.
About manipulators need more info, and a kind of particular situation when it happens.
57 posts
With manipulators, he himself did not understand what was happening and in which case exactly. But it looks like I turn off the manipulator display. This is in the settings if you right-click and there section Handles.
To the developers, I wrote a letter in error and 1 request. There it is written that it is possible to write requests for revision or addition of what or if I correctly translated it. I'm waiting for the answer from the developers.
171 posts
Hmm about manipulators sounds strangely, maybe I understand incorrectly, but don't remember something like this. If you'll catch situation it happens more exactly - write about it, I or someone else here could try it too to see what happens.
Something similar was written to me about the request, and about yours - if it is something should be added/ fixed (as it sounds) and has high priority for the developers - it will be.
I don't answer your UV questions - don't remember the last time I've opened UV editor. Will try to do it later in evening/ night. But the most probably someone way more proficient that I'm in it could give you proper advise/ answer.
Edited by RyuKu - Jan. 15, 2018 08:34:07
57 posts
houdini-16.5.353-win64-vc14.exe 870.6 MB i download this build and see my error.
171 posts
hm hm if I could advice about it - try to install last daily build from the same page.
Probably it will not fix the problem, but at least we will know about it and SESI too.
And as it with Houdini (for me) - that I personally like so much - anything (almost) could be returned to the beginning. So if you'll want to be again in the production build, feeling more comfortable with it or by any other reason - you'll be able to install it again… I didn't - cause everything works as expected… but if what I did that moment was for job, probably I didn't try installations/ reinstallations… again decision is up to you.
Will look inside UV now, can't promise that will find the solution for you but it's time to wake up anyway soon, so why not.
Edited by RyuKu - Jan. 15, 2018 20:48:19
57 posts
At the expense of manipulators. I hope the essence will be clear to you what I meant.
The button on the left to move is pressed and I can move faces in perspective. If I single out the face in uv the manipulator does not. If I click there, then everything works.

Attachments:
3.jpg (591.5 KB)

171 posts
Not sure I've understood again, but I switch between S and T keys in the perspective/ uv view - for me it (seems) works so as I've expected.
Edited by RyuKu - Jan. 19, 2018 01:59:54

Attachments:
UV.gif (1.9 MB)

57 posts
Ryu Ku
Not sure I've understood again, but I switch between S and T keys in the perspective/ uv view - for me it seems works so as I've expected.

Try using the button on the left side of the panel.
if i use I switch between S and T keys everything is working.
171 posts
Yes, you're right - didn't notice this behaviour earlier.
Edited by RyuKu - Jan. 19, 2018 02:20:39
57 posts
Ryu Ku
Houdini's in my best support of all that I've seen. Very quickly fix bugs and they can if you describe in detail what function to add it to the program. Not where else had I seen this.
57 posts
Ryu Ku
Hi. in 360 build psd image good job in Houdini.
171 posts
Hello… ahhhaa the latest build nice seems twod helped with it glad it works now
Edited by RyuKu - Jan. 21, 2018 06:38:26
57 posts
He seems to be on the development team or he has connections with them. Thank you very much for your help.
I honestly did not think it would be so quickly added to the program.
320 posts
Ghostil
Ryu Ku
Hey, Ghostil,
Not sure I understood your last comment is what about… probably .hipnc file posted can help sometimes with some issues.
Let me to suggest you - to create for new questions new threads, with maybe a little bit of more precise names, that is your choise of course and is up to you… but we kinda have private talk here, afraid if someone who can help you will be just lazy to scroll down to here.
And I'm not sure how Google/ other search engines work, but if by titles of the topics, so naming them more closely to what's inside could help at once someone else maybe to find reliable information that is always great. Hope strongly I don't sound as superior giving instructions.
Have a nice day.
Hey. Can I use several versions of the program? I downloaded the previous version of Houdini FX 16.5.268 Old version.

support would be the people to ask this of and get the correct response
57 posts
Look at somebody at home these settings in all modes work correctly?
At me they do not work correctly in a mode of geometry.
In the scene mode, everything is fine.

Attachments:
6.jpg (585.5 KB)

5 posts
I have a alembic animated ship without UVs, when I try to uv using uv unwrap and uv layout,each frame it is caching. How do I create uv and load texture?
  • Quick Links