Size image in uv view

4436   28   0
57 posts
Good! Tiling job in UV editor!!!!!!!!
57 posts
Use Image Ratio

Switches between showing square texture space and texture space with the same ratio of width to height as the image. This item can also be found in the UV Editor toolbar for quick access.
This options in Autodesk Maya.
Implement in Houdini the same option for uv view.
Edited by Ghostil - Jan. 19, 2018 11:51:02
171 posts
In the last message you ask to add something else? It's a little bit of difficult to understand because of lack of the “?” sign. Please don't ask about so many things at the same time. Surely the developers have thousands requests. Afraid they will think it's too impudent/ insolent or somehow so. And I don't know how something should work, but surely don't want to have button ‘make beautiful’, hope you too. If your request is proper/ useful - as it's highly possible, cause you work with tiling and seems understand what would/ could be convenient, it will be taken in count, maybe will be added at once (if Houdini doesn't have it now), but maybe will work somehow differently. Have a nice weekend.

@thanks, twod!!
Edited by RyuKu - Jan. 19, 2018 12:58:26
57 posts
Ryu Ku
In the last message you ask to add something else? It's a little bit of difficult to understand because of lack of the “?” sign. Please don't ask about so many things at the same time. Surely the developers have thousands requests. Afraid they will think it's too impudent/ insolent or somehow so. And I don't know how something should work, but surely don't want to have button ‘make beautiful’, hope you too. If your request is proper/ useful - as it's highly possible, cause you work with tiling and seems understand what would/ could be convenient, it will be taken in count, maybe will be added at once (if Houdini doesn't have it now), but maybe will work somehow differently. Have a nice weekends.

@thanks, twod!!
The last one is a description of what the option does in Maya from the manual from the site of autodesk.
If it is possible to add this option to Houdini it will be very useful to think for everyone who works with uv
Staff
5158 posts
Yeah, there's no such option in Houdini to adjust the UV space.
57 posts
twod
Interestingly, it can be done in it? If it can be implemented, I think this will be a useful feature for many. Here on the forum I met a discussion about a similar function.
57 posts
twod
I hope that the developers will someday add a similar function. It will be very cool and useful for working with drawings for example to see in backgraund the real image quality.
171 posts
rfe rfe it - to be sure your request was heard
Edited by RyuKu - Jan. 21, 2018 06:41:51
57 posts
Any picture supplied in backgraund automatically loses if it is not square like.
Options as I showed from May there is not yet to display images in real size. I will reap when something like this on the job will do.
Now it is not very convenient to work with different pictures in a non-square size.
Maybe it's not convenient just for me. But in all editors that have such an option there is or even all is displayed automatically.
Any picture is obtained flattened in this form.
for comparison, 1 and the same image in the blender.
In the Belder, the picture is in the correct proportions and is not compressed in width.
Edited by Ghostil - Jan. 27, 2018 12:07:28

Attachments:
2.jpg (434.0 KB)
3.jpg (491.1 KB)

• Quick Links