Dynamic constraint network on deforming mesh

1731   0   0
52 posts
Hi,

I'm trying to make a dynamic procedural constraint network for rbd packed object on a deforming mesh.
I'm importing an animated object I fracture, and copy the animation.

Then I'm creating some activation groups at different time.
This scene is just a simple example just to understand the process, but the activation groups could be anything else (like an angle threshold, a color threshold, etc.) and could happen at other time.
Things need to stay procedural !

Then I'm building the constraints network, which is animated.

My problem starts at this point :
The next step is to create a solver that triggers the frame of the activation groups and gives a name to it. (for example, if group_A enters at frame 25, then the name is “block25”). The solver also records the position of the constraints at that frame and keeps it static for the rest of the animation.

Then, i'm applying the final static constraints position when the fragments get active and i'm deleting the connections that are shared with another group.
I'm using that constraint network for the simulation.

But my problem is this one :
- I have to use an animated constraint network so I put the “overwrite with SOP” to 1 in order to update each frame. But I want to be able to break the constraints group afterwards, force example with a threshold on the @force or @angle, or any other parameters from constraints. And I don't know how to do it with the “overwrite with SOP” to one : when the primitive is broken, if the value of the attribute goes back below the threshold on the next frame, the primivite is re-created, and the fragments are still connected !

So I tried to make a setup with the “overwrite with SOP” to $SF==1, but I have issues when I want to update to constraints position in a SOP solver… maybe because I try to update point position that has been already deleted.

If someone can help, it would be very nice ! I don't know if this is the right way to do that kind of effects.

Thnks !

Attachments:
constraints_v001.gif (1.8 MB)
DOP_rbd_v002.gif (1.1 MB)
fragments_activation.gif (1.4 MB)
pre_fracture.gif (1.5 MB)
RBD_animated_constraints_06.hip (673.6 KB)

• Quick Links