Cone Constraint Problem

2268   7   1
14 posts
Hi,

I have a problem with my cone constraint network.

I will recreate my project to simply visualizate to explain more clearly

So first of all, I have 2 walls, each wall has own conestraint network, everything is merged together.
I selected both nodes with geo then I disabled display geos.

so I get something like this - cone constraint

Next I will talk about 2nd input in merge node because this one works ok

as we can see the pic above has correct ‘object link’, but when I tured off that and turned ‘object link’ for another wall, its seems to be linked to my 2nd input in my merge.

On next picture we can see small dots between two walls - those dots are coneconstraint for wall 1, but they are moved because this is linked to first input for merge node (2nd wall).

Is any way to fix this? I will be glad for any help. This is very important for my final project but I am stuck.
Thank you
483 posts
Would be maybe easier to understand if you share the file, too?
English is not my native language, sorry in advance for any misunderstanding :-)
14 posts
matthias_k
Would be maybe easier to understand if you share the file, too?

There you go

Attachments:
File.hipnc (549.3 KB)

483 posts
Do you mean the attributes set in “constraint_attribs..” primitve wrangle in your wall objects?
Which are then promoted to the dop net
English is not my native language, sorry in advance for any misunderstanding :-)
14 posts
matthias_k
Do you mean the attributes set in “constraint_attribs..” primitve wrangle in your wall objects?
Which are then promoted to the dop net

honesty, I don't know what you're talking about

In my previous posts I described a problem which can be checked by enable the option called ‘Show Object Link’ under ‘Guide Option’ Tab for ‘conetwistconrel3’ and ‘conetwistconrel1’. If we check only 2nd input for merge node, its working correctly, but the first input doesn't. I think this happen because the first input see the second input and connect all coneconstraints together.

I will be in a big trouble if I can not fix it
Edited by Bartolomeooo - Feb. 9, 2018 09:48:45
483 posts
what are you doing to get the points, they are only visible if you have not set output to the last node, or at least not before last “glue_rbd_Wall”
houdini 16.5.323 here

Attachments:
53983_01.mp4 (2.8 MB)

483 posts
Ahhhh, I got it :-)
(hopefully…)
it's coming up in 16.0.736 here, maybe simply update your version

Attachments:
16.0.736.jpg (262.9 KB)

14 posts
matthias_k
Ahhhh, I got it :-)
(hopefully…)
it's coming up in 16.0.736 here, maybe simply update your version

YES! works. oh my god, I didnt think it could be a version issue
Just I needed to tweak a density value and glue constraint to achieve correct result, but yeah it works!

Thank you so much for your help
  • Quick Links