Houdini 16 Guided Ocean Layer-Ocean Extended Displacement Texture, Redshift Rendering

3205   3   2
2 posts
Loved John Lynch's Masterclass video on the new ocean tools in Houdini 16.

Rendered in Redshift using the Small and Large Ocean Tools, the displacement texture backed through the “oceanevaluate”, worked fine for the both.

But for the EXTENDED, extruded ocean using the new Guided Ocean Layer Tool, the displacement texture showed me an issue, a black irritating “surface” crossing the entire ocean. It's rendered with Redshift, using the same method. See, a photo attached. Try to get rid of it. Please help!

Thanks.

Attachments:
Redshift_Houdini_GuidedOcean_test.png (348.2 KB)

2 posts
Found a solution:
Turn down the Tessellation of the Redshift ObjParms to 1.

Best.
8 posts
zhijiewang
Loved John Lynch's Masterclass video on the new ocean tools in Houdini 16.

Rendered in Redshift using the Small and Large Ocean Tools, the displacement texture backed through the “oceanevaluate”, worked fine for the both.

But for the EXTENDED, extruded ocean using the new Guided Ocean Layer Tool, the displacement texture showed me an issue, a black irritating “surface” crossing the entire ocean. It's rendered with Redshift, using the same method. See, a photo attached. Try to get rid of it. Please help!

Thanks.
Could you please share the scene?
I could not figure out how to render properly in redshift as well.
15 posts
Hey guys.

I've been trying to render my oceans and flips in Redshift. I baked the mantra ocean uv spectra and assigned it and displaced it to a redshift shader and assigned the ‘ocean surface’ node to render with the newly assigned redshift shader that has the mantra displacement and I'm still not getting anything to come up on my oceans. I also enabled the Tessellation and Displacement. I've been working on this for days and tried so many things and can't get it to go. 

Would you be kind enough to take a look at my scene and see if you can spot what's gone wrong?

I really appreaciate your help! 

P

Image Not Found

Attachments:
SmallOceanTestv02.hiplc (1.2 MB)

Pierre-James
pierrejamesart.com
  • Quick Links