Consolidate scene

1422   2   1
143 posts
Hi,

while I'm aware, that it's something, that could be solved with a mode disciplined approach to scene management, I often end up using bits and pieces of other projects in my scene, as well as textures and assets/models located all around my disc, which works as long as I don't move anything around, which is not easy to do sometimes, with projects being moved to archive or brought back again if needed.
Coming from Modo, there was a Consolidate scene command, that would collect all references in a scene, be it external model references or textures, copy them to the correct folders in the Project structure and re-write the links inside the scene to the project's own folders, so that I got a self-contained scene.

Is there a similar command or script in Houdini, that would do this automatically for me?
Thanks in advance.
Staff
3455 posts
you could check out Render > Preflight
Michael Goldfarb | www.odforce.net
Training Lead
SideFX
www.sidefx.com
143 posts
Hi, Michael, thanks for the tip, didn't know about that one. Is it possible to somehow stop the Preflight window to expand all items with a refresh?
My point being, if the scene becomes more complex, containing lots of references, moving the references starts to involve too much scrolling, that could be minimized by keeping the main directories highlighted in green closed, but after every drop, the window refreshes and expands them again.
  • Quick Links