Animate Fluid Object along Curve Path

4434   3   0
95 posts
Hi,

I've got a fluid emitting sphere here and want that to to move along a curve but I'm struggling to achieve that. Easiest thing would be to just set the path object in the geometry node. But there is no such option, which is kind of strange cause several other nodes i've worked with have this option. So what is the requirement to get this?

I also tried to edit the parameter interface to append the object path, but well… this didn't really worked.

So I tried to achieve it via CHOPs; the simple examples worked though but not mine. I wasn't able to get the transform information into CHOPs so my emitting sphere always moved on the ground.

So, please, is there an easy way to get a fluid object move along a given path and maintain the transform info?

Thanks

Attachments:
Viscosity - Test.hip (2.3 MB)

2529 posts
Here is the basic recipe for moving an object along a path. Use an ObjectMerge node to bring the curve into your network. Then drop down a Carve node which allows you to animate the length of the curve. Drop down a Delete to remove all points resulting from the carve except the leading point #0. Then you can use a CopyToPoints to copy your object to that single point along the curve/line.
Edited by Enivob - March 13, 2018 09:42:18

Attachments:
Untitled-1.jpg (31.8 KB)
ap_Viscosity - Test.hiplc (2.4 MB)

Using Houdini Indie 20.0
Ubuntu 64GB Ryzen 16 core.
nVidia 3050RTX 8BG RAM.
2529 posts
You can use a PopCurve force to make flip fluid follow a SOP based curve.
Edited by Enivob - March 13, 2018 09:54:54

Attachments:
Untitled-1.jpg (366.2 KB)
ap_flip_fluid_follow_curve.hiplc (1.9 MB)

Using Houdini Indie 20.0
Ubuntu 64GB Ryzen 16 core.
nVidia 3050RTX 8BG RAM.
95 posts
Thanks for those two Solutions.
The first suited my needs and works great.
  • Quick Links