COP Metadata

4171   4   1
120 posts
Hi,

I need to add exr metadata to images rendered with COP ROP.

1. I tried using Metadata node in COPs, but it doesnt seem to work. I read exr in Nuke or oiiotool, and there is no Metadata defined in COPs.

2. Tried adding vm_image_exr_attributes to ROP, but that also doesnt pass any Meta into generated exr file.

Any suggestions ?

Thanks
Michal Tas Maciejewski @ www.vfxtricks.com
648 posts
seems like its purely internal to COPs, and also broken.
Try setting ‘somename’ to “a name goes here” in the metadata COP then reading it via appended font cop:
`opinputpath(".",0)`
somename =
`copmeta(opinputpath(".",0),"somename",0)`
copmeta should return ‘0’
Staff
5156 posts
Metadata is like a detail attribute for COPs. As cpb mentions, it cannot be exported to file yet, nor can it be animated. The intention was to have it read in metadata and also export, but a change in development direction shelved that feature.

cbp: You'll want to use the copmetas() expression function (string), not the copmeta() (float). hscript functions can't return different types for the same function name, so they have different names.
648 posts
thanks this could be useful for watermarking
Tried stashing the metadata into the comment of the ROP, seems to work with jpeg, not with exr. Checked with Xnview, don't have Nuke.

Attachments:
checkmeta.hipnc (44.7 KB)

120 posts
thanks for explanation.

the only way i found working, is to use post-frame script and run oiiotool to mess with meta
Michal Tas Maciejewski @ www.vfxtricks.com
  • Quick Links