Timeshift and copy stamp

2450   3   1
129 posts
Hello,
I have some points that are created randomly on a grid, now I need to instance an animation for every point, and I need the animation to start only when a point is created.
I would use copy stamp with timeshift but how can I tell timeshift to start the animation only when a point is created ?
For example in the simple scene I uploaded, the spheres have a little animation when they appear, I want every sphere to start the animation when its template point is activated, but they are all in sync.
Anyone can help ?
Thank you
Edited by madrenderman - March 17, 2018 10:31:50

Attachments:
spheres.hiplc (96.3 KB)
spheres.gif (731.3 KB)

555 posts
in your copy1, Value1 $CR==1

it should simply be $CR ?
129 posts
Yes I tried but doing so and multiplying by $F, every copy takes the current frame as a speed value, so the first copies are ok but going on every copy becomes faster; I need the animation of every copy to play at the correct speed.
472 posts
Hi,

here is an idea, where I've used a point attribute from the grid, which gives you control, when the animation will start. For example you can use the distance from zero. I've created a wrangle for the sphere, where an offset parameter can be passed to a ramp or a channel to gain control of the size (of the sphere) over time for each point of the grid.

Attachments:
sphereX.hipnc (90.4 KB)

• Quick Links