When I use RedShift to render volume, the "Enable Volume" option disappeared

20002   7   0
5 posts
Hello,

I am trying to use RedShift to render, but when I select my object and click the redshift “add OBJ parameter”,
I can only see some of the redshift parameters in my object, but there is no “Enable Volume” in the volume tab.

I tried everything including changing my light to RSdome and enable volumetric in RS renderer,
but the volume does not render and it is empty.
2529 posts
You need to increase the Volume Samples on the light. By default, it is zero, thus nothing will render.
Using Houdini Indie 20.0
Ubuntu 64GB Ryzen 16 core.
nVidia 3050RTX 8BG RAM.
1 posts
having the same issue. Missing options for redshift obj parameters.
Any ideas? running ubuntu 17 and houdini 16.5 redshift 2.5.72…
38 posts
+1
833 posts
This is such a non-issue topic. Please read the documentation or watch online tutorials like this one before requesting features that are already there.

>>Kays
For my Houdini tutorials and more visit:
https://www.youtube.com/c/RightBrainedTutorials [www.youtube.com]
2529 posts
It is probably worth upgrading to the latest version. From the update list it looks like there was a bug that prevented certain check boxes on the OBJ parms from appearing.
* Addressed a GUI mistake in some of the objects flags available in the OBJ spare parameters.
Using Houdini Indie 20.0
Ubuntu 64GB Ryzen 16 core.
nVidia 3050RTX 8BG RAM.
1 posts
Midphase
This is such a non-issue topic. Please read the documentation or watch online tutorials like this one before requesting features that are already there.

This tutorial is based on an outdated version of houdini. Most of the options are not available in houdini 17 and 17.5 I too have been looking for the same answer from past few hours with no luck. Please understand that we are all learning and we do try to google and find answers our self before asking for the answers on the forum. Due to houdini's nature, it's not easy to find these kinds of simple answers. So please be patient with us newbies. Thank you!
4 posts
Change the contribution scale from 0 to 1
in your redshift light.
This option is available in the lights tab.

Hope this helps to render your volume.
Also don't forget to apply RS volume texture to your smoke.
  • Quick Links