Newer Cinema 4D Houdini Engine support

6110   11   2
99 posts
I'm wondering if there are newer builds of Houdini Engine for Cinema 4D that support H16.5? It seems like there's a separate cadence of releases for C4D that's lagging quite a bit so maybe this is something more on the Maxon end.
1 posts
Having same issue, have C4D R19 and in preferences it's only showing Houdini Engine 16.0.633 have Houdini
Indie 16.5 so unsure whats up. maybe when C4D does it's next revision.
51 posts
Same here the get houdini installer link downloads houdini 16.0.633 which is not helpful. Does sidefx produce the engine plugin? can I download it from the sidefx website somewhere?
22 posts
There is a new update for Cinema today and I installed it and it is still showing 16.0.633 version for houdini engine, which is very disappointing.
1 posts
So what's our way around this? Do we have one? I finally updated to 16.5 and now I'm finding NOTHING works in Cinema which is where I use Houdini and I regret updating entirely. Is it possible to roll back to 16 until they sort their pipeline out? This is maddening.
1743 posts
robleymcdonnell
Is it possible to roll back to 16 until they sort their pipeline out?
It's always possible to download and install builds for older major versions of Houdini (back to 12.0 at the moment) from https://www.sidefx.com/download/daily-builds/ [www.sidefx.com] If the latest build of the major version that you need doesn't work, you can ask support for a specific build, though it's best to try the latest build first. (It'd be nice if we could provide direct downloads of all builds, but it'd be a network nightmare.)

Nathan Apffel
Does sidefx produce the engine plugin? can I download it from the sidefx website somewhere?
SideFX does not produce the Cinema 4D engine plugin.

Sorry that I can't be of more help.
Writing code for fun and profit since... 2005? Wow, I'm getting old.
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC_HFmdvpe9U2G3OMNViKMEQ [www.youtube.com]
22 posts
Is it possible to run both the 16.0633 version for the cinema 4d compatible Houdini engine and a 16.5 version or can you only use one license at a time?
13 posts
@r_ross Yes.
18 posts
Does anyone know if there is support for Houdini engine in Cinema 4D R26? I can't find anything about it
188 posts
DGinz001
Does anyone know if there is support for Houdini engine in Cinema 4D R26? I can't find anything about it

I was also just searching about it few days ago out of curiosity. Didn't find anything. Most of the information and tutorials available are from 2015, 2016 for old C4D and Houdini versions.
18 posts
I emailed maxon support, they said Houdini engine is no longer supported since C4D S24
188 posts
DGinz001
I emailed maxon support, they said Houdini engine is no longer supported since C4D S24

Okay, so that means C4D S23 has to be used for Houdini engine to run. Which version of Houdini then one has to use in order to combine the two in the workflow?
  • Quick Links